ESG, Sustainability consulting Trends & Strategic approaches
What you'll learn
- Learn what's sustainability and what's ESG? Why Does it Matter?
- Understand the various approaches to sustainability consulting
- Take a look at various career paths as an Employee
- How is the future of ESG and Sustainability jobs?
- Become a Global Citizen and an Earth Person
- No experience needed. This is a beginner level course
"Sustainability" is a word that has to be used with caution. It could mean different things to different people. Context is the key. It is welcome in some parts of the world, while skeptics criticize it at few geographies.
Organizations, Associations, Corporates and even Individuals are in different paths and are following different approaches when it comes to Sustainability. And these paths don't always converge.
In the business world alone, there are 200+ ESG rating systems, 100+ Sustainability reporting standards, and Millions of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) data points generated each second, which are then analyzed and interpreted to get useful information out of it. This is an art that no one has mastered it yet. A company's sustainability performance could be rated both High and Low at the same time and for the same parameter, depending on how it is measured and who measures it, hence making it a Field of Organized chaos.
The demand for a Sustainability Specialist role is increasing at unimaginable rates, be it for a Freelancer or as an Employee, and you are most welcome to become one. The world needs you right now. Whether you are a beginner or someone with experience in this field, this course will give you an idea on what it's really all about. Are you ready to take up this challenge of making the world a better place for all forms of Life?. Then Come on in. In this course, you will Learn:
1. What's sustainability and What's ESG? Why Does it Matter?
2. Approaches to sustainability consulting.
3. Career paths as an Employee.
4. Future of ESG and Sustainability jobs.
5. Becoming a Global Citizen and an Earth Person.
Who this course is for:
- ESG analysts, SDG enthusiasts, All those who love our Planet and want it to be Greener.
- Employees looking for guidance on how to strengthen their sustainability consulting portfolio.
I am a Management Expert and a Sustainability consultant with 16+ Years of Rich experience in 15 countries. My career has been centered around Socio economic value creation, Safety, Environment and Efficiency improvement in Asia and Africa. My expertise includes: Sustainable Development Goals (SDG's), Environmental Management, ESG, Socio-economic initiatives management, Employee safety, Ethics and Corporate Governance. In march 2021, I was awarded a Positive Change Ambassador Badge from Rotterdam school of Management, Erasmus University.
I am also the Founder & CEO of Global Operational Excellence Solutions (GOPS). The Purpose of GOPS is to play my tiny little role in our planets journey towards achieving UN Sustainable Development Goals.
I am a humble, down to earth and an easily approachable person with a good sense of Humor. I am married and we are blessed with a son. I am also a marathon runner and I have participated in several marathon events across the globe. I have a Bachelors degree in Mechanical engineering, MBA in Supply chain from Anna University, India and a Hubert Humphrey fellowship Certificate from Cornell University, USA.