SUSE: Linux Administration Step-by-Step to Boost your Career
What you'll learn
- Get to Know YaST
- Manage the Network Configuration Information from YaST
- Install Software Packages
- Manage Repositories
- Access and Use man Pages
- Use info Pages
- Access Release Notes and White Papers
- Use GUI-Based Help
- Manage Users and Groups from the Command Line
- Manage Users and Groups from YaST
- Manage File Permissions and Ownership
- And much more...
- A wish to acquire or to refresh your skills on SUSE Linux administration
This course is aimed to IT Pros or people who want to get familiar with Linux. And it's supposed to give the viewer the information they need to know to get started with Command Line and how to manage SUSE Linux with YaST. The goal is to provide coverage of basic tasks including topics like Network Configuration with YaST, Software and Repositories Management with YaST, Using Man pages, Using Info pages, Help and Release Notes and much more...
The course is targeted to help to automate and script daily tasks. There are lots of live demonstrations how to use BASH commands. I hope it will help to do your job more efficiently.
In the SUSE Linux Enterprise course, you learn the basic Linux skills necessary to prepare you for performing administrative tasks on SUSE Linux Enterprise platforms.
These skills, along with those taught in the SUSE Linux Enterprise Administration, prepare you to take the Novell certification test.
In this course, you will do the following:
- Become familiar with the Linux Desktop and confident in your ability to perform various tasks in Linux.
- Understand the structure of the Linux file system and how to work in the file system (e.g. copying, moving).
- Learn how to work with the Linux Shell and Command Line Interface.
- Learn how to manage software packages with the configuration tool YaST2.
- Learn how to manage users, groups and file permissions to ensure a basic file system security.
- Learn how to edit configuration files with an graphical editor or the command
line editor vi.
- Learn how to manage software with RPM.
These are fundamental and prerequisite to learning the skills of an entry-level SUSE Linux administrator or help desk technician in an enterprise environment.
Who this course is for:
- It's good for all who want to use and administer SUSE Linux
- Linux Users
- IT Specialists
- System Administrators
- DevOps Technicians
Vitalii Shumylo is an experienced online tutor with over 20 years of experience in the field of technology and computer science. His expertise ranges from Microsoft technologies, Azure, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu, SuSe, and MacOS, to a wide variety of other software and operating systems.
He has helped countless students become more effective in the pursuit of their professional goals. Vitalii is highly dedicated to providing the highest quality of support to as many individuals as he can. He is passionate about creating educational opportunities that will help people achieve success in their fields of study. With his help, you can gain the skills and knowledge you need to achieve your goals and become a tech expert.