Build a Forensic Virtual Machine
What you'll learn
- Learn how to set-up Virtualbox for a Sift Workstation
- Learn how to install Ubuntu on Virtualbox
- Learn how to resolve common issues with Virtualbox
- Learn how to install the Sift Workstation using the new CLI
- Mac or PC
- VirtualBox Software (free)
- Ubuntu v16.04 (free)
- Sift Workstation (free)
Updated for the new SIFT CLI Method
This class will teach you how to create a forensic virtual machine using freely available tools. Follow step-by-step instructions to set-up your virtual hardware, install Ubuntu Linux (version 16.04) and install the new SIFT Workstation.
The SIFT workstation is a pre-made computer forensic platform loaded with Linux-based forensic tools. Take advantage of one the best computer forensic platforms available and have it at the ready as a virtual machine for when you need it.
Who this course is for:
- Computer Forensic Examiners
- IT Professionals
Over 20 years of experience in Digital Forensics and Security Incident Response, author and developer of computer forensic training and analysis tools. Specialties include Windows forensics, Linux forensics, Mac forensics, & mobile device forensics.
Certifications include: CFCE, CISSP, EnCE, CCE, EnCE, A+, Network+