Supply Chain: Planning of Resources & Detailed Scheduling
What you'll learn
- Manufacturing, Planning and Control (MPC) Hierarchy.
- Role of Strategic & Business Planning.
- Role of Demand Management.
- Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) and Resource Planning.
- Master Scheduling and Rough Cut Capacity Planning (RCCP).
- Understanding Load Profiles and dealing with Overload & Underload situations.
- Understanding forecasts, forecast horizon and forecast interval.
- Review of forecasting techniques.
- Types of Inventory, classifications and sub-classifications.
- Valuating inventory.
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM).
- Types of Buyer relationships.
- Supply Chain Best Practices: Managing Risk, Social Responsibility, Accreditations & Certifications,
- Course: Supply Chain Fundamentals Understanding the Basics.
- A computer with an internet connection.
- The willingness to learn.
If you're looking to take your supply chain skills to the next level, this video course is your starting point. You will learn beyond the basics of supply chain management, gain in depth knowledge to become a Master of Supply Chain. Achieving supply chain excellence is essential for businesses to be successful in today's global economy. Having knowledgeable supply chain professionals are key and with this course you can continue your journey to becoming a sought after Supply Chain professional.
This course is a continuation of Supply Chain Fundamentals Understanding the Basics. It's not mandatory that you take this course beforehand as it is not a prerequisite but I do recommend it especially if you're new to Supply Chain. There's a lot of terminology and concepts that are covered in the course and it carry's on into this course.
If your goal is certification, this course covers Master Planning of Resources and Detailed Scheduling and Planning which can assist your exam preparation for ASCM CPIM Part 2.
You will gain an in depth understanding of the Manufacturing, Planning and Control (MPC) Hierarchy. MPC deals with planning and controlling manufacturing, managing the materials, scheduling the machines, organizing the workers, dealing with your suppliers and coordinating with your customers. Having an effective MPC system is key for any manufacturing company to be successful.
It's never too late to begin learning and with this course learning has never been so easy. I look forward to seeing you in the classroom.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone already in Supply Chain and looking for further knowledge.
- Any business professional with a desire to expand their knowledge in Supply Chain.
- Senior management and leaders from all business functions seeking to understand Supply Chain.
John Mandic is a licensed Professional Engineer with a Bachelor of Engineering. John also has a Master of Business Administration (MBA), is a Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) and Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution (CLTD) all through ASCM and is a Certified Logistics Professional (CCLP). ASCM is the Association for Supply Chain Management formerly APICS - Association for Supply Chain and Operations Management.
John has worked in the manufacturing sector for over 30 years in various progressive roles in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain, Project Management, Customer Relationship Management, Contracts Management.
He is currently in a senior managerial role leading a diverse team of professionals covering Order Management, Scheduling, Procurement, Materials Management, Production Control, Warehousing, Distribution, Customs and Logistics.
Having amassed a wealth of knowledge and experience, John devotes his time to sharing his expertise with the Udemy community and teaching others.