Module 1: Supply Chain Network Designing
What you'll learn
- Learn the Basic and Fundamentals of Supply Chain Network and grow to Advance level
- Learn to assess company policies and programs and to meet targets to accomplish long‐term strategic objectives
- Learn how to meet demand without exceeding supply at any location or region while maintaining minimum cost
- You will be introduced to the Supply Chain Network Design Spectrum where you get to choose the best fit location for a facility among multiple places
- Introduce yourself to Network Models
- This course introduces you to Facility Location Models and Approaches
- Transportation and Transshipment problems using spreadsheets , where you program demand and supply and let spreadsheet solver find the best flow of minimum cost
- Learn how to do Programming Formulation for Supply Chain Network Models
- You will be introduced to Continuous Single Facility Location Models
- Your programmed models helps you decide among best option among Multiple Location Selections
- COG and Weber Methods
- Decide between Trade offs Cost and Level of Service (LOS)
- Sensitivity Analysis Using Mixed Integer Linear Programming (MILP) Models
- Assignment and Quiz to test your new found skills and supply chain mindset
- Certification when you finish the course successfully
- Logistics management with excel solver
- There are no prerequisites for this Supply Chain module
"This module has been ranked Highest Rated Course In Supply Chain by beginners - Udemy"
|Below are the lessons that will be discussed in detail for Module 1 : Supply Chain Network Design - Basic|
INTRODUCTION TO NETWORK DESIGNING
There are no prerequisites required for this course but it is highly suggested that you complete the rest modules for understanding the full extent of the course and amazing things it has to offer.
"The primary purpose of a supply chain network design is to assess company policies and programs and to meet targets to accomplish long‐term strategic objectives, and most business units or functional areas within a company are impacted by a network design project"-Tompkins International
Supply chain is the language of modern global economy , you will see different supply chain networks no matter at which position you are in company or firm. Everything you see in front of you the finished product came through a supply chain or multiple supply chain networks , Now you may ask yourself what is supply chain? it is the flow of Physical material , Finance and Information from origin usually the manufacturer to the end consumer . You will see data flows produced by the optimization models and how we can use excel solver for supply chain network designing and formulate different variants of models for supply chains.
This module is packed with many practical examples , assignments and tests and some solver tutorials , it will make you start think like a supply chain specialist.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners in Supply Chain
- Supply Chain Professionals
- Management Consultants
- Business Analysts
- Supply Chain Managers
- Small and medium business owners
- Startups founders
My Quick Introduction:
Mechanical Engineer | Micro masters in Supply Chain from MIT (USA) | MSc in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science (UK).
I am a result oriented mechanical engineer with hands on experience in Process Designing, Automobile Parts Manufacturing , Supply chain management and Product development along with experience in teaching to many students throughout my career as Lecturer in Universities.
My vision is to equip the students today with the skillset that actually are needed in the real working world , to help them grow and achieve what they work hard for.
1. Production Engineer
2- Product Development Engineer
3- Manager Supply Chain
4- Lecturer in a University
The courses i make here on Udemy are equipped with latest skills and tools techniques along with programming that can make you can utilize in any organization.