Supply Chain Management
What you'll learn
- • Understand the core concepts of Supply Chain & Learn the challenges involved in managing supply chains.
- • Understand the complexity of inter-firm and intra-firm coordination.
- • The basic challenges and trade-offs associated with reducing costs and increasing responsiveness.
- • Supply chain issues such as sourcing and the need for greater transparency in supply chains.
- • The relationship between supply chain management and sustainability.
- • How to develop a framework to address the challenges of supply chain management challenges and to solve these issues.
- • There are no previous requirements for taking this course.
- • A computer with an internet connection.
- • And the desire to learn.
A Supply Chain is a network between a company and its suppliers to produce and distribute a specific product or service. The functions in a supply chain include product development, marketing, operations, distribution, finance and customer service.
Supply Chain Management is about the management of materials, information and finance flows in multi-stage production – distribution networks.
Today’s marketplace is very competitive than ever before. Globalization, technological change and demanding customers has risen the need of new managerial practices. It is claimed that the day is rapidly coming when companies will no longer compete against other companies, rather we foresee a world in which Supply Chain will compete against other Supply Chain for market supremacy, for example Wal-Mart and its suppliers will battle Carrefour and its suppliers in consumer markets around the world. Similar rivalries have emerged in car manufacturing industry and will continue to emerge in other industries like electronics, pharmaceuticals, fast food, etc.
Companies have been struggling for years and experimenting with all sorts of alignment measures and looking to technology and people to find the key to more effective interorganisational cooperation, hence, to achieve a true cross-functional process integration.
This course is designed to provide a strategic understanding of Supply Chain, giving the knowledge and the tools necessary to develop, implement, and sustain strategies for managing Supply Chain networks.
Who this course is for:
- • Students or anyone having a desire to learn about Supply Chain.
- • Professionals involved in Supply Chain Management looking for a quick refresher or enhance their skills.
- • Professionals looking for a career change in the Supply Chain field.
- • Business owners or business professional seeking knowledge to improve their supply chains.
Managerial experience of 20 years with a demonstrated history of working in the hospitality industry. Strong professional skills in Finance, Project Design & Management, Interior Design, Administration, Coordination, Supply Chain Expert, Procurement, Product development Process and Engineering Estimates.
Qualification: Masters of Business Administration
Bachelors in Statistics and Economics
· Designed and structured Corporate Purchase Department for 7 Hotels which included updating the Purchase Manual, Purchase Orders, Standardization and centralization of F&B, Housekeeping, and Engineering and Chemical items for all properties. Supply Chain implementation for procurement.
· Setup an Interior Design Department for improving the overall image of the Hotels, which included Project Designing i.e. Restaurant and guestroom interior Designing, Product Quality Development, Sourcing new Suppliers and Products and Engineering Estimates.
· Administration of all department requirements and coordination with all properties for implementation of approved designs and products.