Supply Chain: Control of Operations & Managing Resources
What you'll learn
- This course is a continuation of Supply Chain Fundamentals Understanding the Basics and Supply Chain Planning of Resources and Detailed Scheduling.
- You will gain in depth understanding of planning and controlling manufacturing, managing materials, scheduling machines, organizing workers.
- You will learn manufacturing environments, processes & layouts, batch & flow processing, push vs. pull systems, different scheduling techniques.
- You will learn Production Activity Control, Quality, business strategies, competitive forces, performance measures.
- Prepares you for CPIM certification, this course covers Execution and Control of Operations and Strategic Management of Resources.
- A computer with an internet connection.
- The willingness to learn.
Achieving supply chain excellence is essential for businesses to be successful in today's global economy. Having knowledgeable supply chain professionals are key and with this course you can continue your journey to becoming a sought after Supply Chain professional.
This course is a continuation of Supply Chain Fundamentals Understanding the Basics and Supply Chain Planning of Resources and Detailed Scheduling. It's not mandatory that you take these courses beforehand as they are not prerequisites but I do recommend it especially if you're new to Supply Chain. There's a lot of terminology and concepts that are covered in both courses and it carry's on into this course.
If your goal is certification, this course covers Execution and Control of Operations and Strategic Management of Resources which can assist your exam preparation for ASCM CPIM Part 2.
You will gain an in depth understanding of the Manufacturing, Planning and Control (MPC) Hierarchy. MPC deals with planning and controlling manufacturing, managing the materials, scheduling the machines, organizing the workers, dealing with your suppliers and coordinating with your customers. Having an effective MPC system is key for any manufacturing company to be successful.
It's never too late to begin learning and with this course learning has never been so easy. I look forward to seeing you in the classroom.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone already in Supply Chain and looking for further knowledge.
- Any business professional with a desire to expand their knowledge on Supply Chain.
- Senior management and leaders from all business functions seeking to understand Supply Chain.
John Mandic is a licensed Professional Engineer with a Bachelor of Engineering. John also has a Master of Business Administration (MBA), is a Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) and Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution (CLTD) all through ASCM and is a Certified Logistics Professional (CCLP). ASCM is the Association for Supply Chain Management formerly APICS - Association for Supply Chain and Operations Management.
John has worked in the manufacturing sector for over 30 years in various progressive roles in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain, Project Management, Customer Relationship Management, Contracts Management.
He is currently in a senior managerial role leading a diverse team of professionals covering Order Management, Scheduling, Procurement, Materials Management, Production Control, Warehousing, Distribution, Customs and Logistics.
Having amassed a wealth of knowledge and experience, John devotes his time to sharing his expertise with the Udemy community and teaching others.