Athletes and Sports Supplements
Every coach, parent and athlete should be required to take this course before considering any supplement.
Created by Tavis Piattoly MS, LDN, RD
What you'll learn
- What is a Dietary Supplement?
- How big is the Supplement Market?
- How is the Supplement Market Regulated?
- Why are Supplements popular with Athletes?
- Should an Athlete have any Concerns when they take a Supplement?
- What info on a Food Label should an Athlete be most Concerned about?
- How can I tell if the Products I take are Safe?
- No specific requirements needed to take this course.
Many studies and reports clearly show that supplements are very popular with athletes. In this course you will learn if the products you take or consider taking safe? This should be a mandatory introduction course for any coach, athlete or parent to learn about supplementation for athletes.
Who this course is for:
- Athletic Trainers
- Sports Dietitian
Food First to Improve Athletic Performance!
Sports Dietitian for the New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Hornets, where he coordinates nutritional assessments, provides nutrition education, and develops individual meal plans. Co-owner of My Sports Dietitian.