Super Simple PowerPoint 2016 for Beginners (MS Office 365)
- You'll need PowerPoint 2016 already installed (or use my link to a 1 month Office 365 trial)
- I will explain the basics such as left, right, single, double and triple mouse clicks
- At the beginning of the course you will need to click a file and save it to your computer and be able to find this file for use later in the course
Super Simple PowerPoint 2016 for Beginners is a concise course with written lessons, videos and exercises, aimed at getting you from "no can do" to "that presentation flew" by learning only the parts you really need to. Go from opening PowerPoint for the first time to creating and then presenting your work. Follow along as we create a presentation together step-by-step.
What type of learner are you? This course is not a spectator sport; you won’t watch hours of video and hope it sinks in:
- Reading Learners will benefit from reading the written step-by-step instructions (please do not take my course if you are not happy to take the time to read the written lessons)
- Writing Learners will benefit from using the printable ‘Personal Quick Reference Guide’ download sheet as they make their own notes throughout the course
- Visual Learners will love the screen shots and video tutorials
- Auditory Learners benefit from the step-by-step commentary on the videos
- Kinaesthetic Learners will enjoy the hand on exercise at the end of each section as they get their work to the same stage as that part of the course
You are most likely a blend of learning types. Each topic is covered in a way that ensures that every learner gets the maximum out of the course. We'll start with a new, blank presentation and gradually build it up until it is ready to show. Here's how we'll work together:
- You'll read the lesson notes; step by step instructions supported by screen shots
- Watch and listen to the 'how to' video - I tend to talk on these videos as if I'm sitting right next to you
- You'll do an exercise at the end of every section to get your own presentation to the same point as I got to in the lesson. Either do these exercises by following the instructions on-screen or by using the downloadable exercise book
- Finally, you'll make make your own notes, a kind of quick reference guide to refer back to
If you have a question about a topic just ask and I'll answer.
What are you waiting for? Sign up and get started, If you're not delighted you can have your money back, no questions asked.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for you if you are brand new to PowerPoint but already have it installed on your computer
- This course is NOT for you if you want to just sit back, watch video demos and can't be bothered to read the step-by-step guides and do exercises to apply your new knowledge
- This course is NOT for you if you want to just sit back, watch video demos and can't be bothered to do exercises to apply your new knowledge
- This course is NOT for you if you already have a good level of knowledge with a version of PowerPoint from 2007 onwards
I am a huge fan of Office 365 & Microsoft Teams and have nearly 20 years of I.T. training and support experience, with the past four years spent working with Office 365 and Microsoft Teams.
Skills and experience include the responsibilities of a lead trainer; production of training materials, train the trainer, user community engagement, supporting non-technical project team members and end-user training. I take my commitment to agile work and remote training delivery seriously; a dedicated home office with twin computers and twin super-fast broadband connections ensure I can always deliver.
I am passionate about sharing everything I learn and am one of the main sources of Office 365 updates in my current organisation of 8000 staff. I use my blog (including a monthly round-up of Teams updates affecting end users), Twitter and Facebook to share my own knowledge along with the best Office 365 content from other experts around the world.