Successful Negotiating for Savvy Women
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 article
- 34 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- •tThe first goal of this course is to give you the tools to become a better negotiator, whatever your current skill level. How do you become more skillful in negotiating on purpose, or "by design"? Initially you need to become aware of all the major components in negotiating, and which others are using right now in dealing with you. By the end of the course, you will have all the tools needed to understand the negotiating process. The second goal of the course moves from your awareness to your skill improvement - but skill in negotiating is not “once and done”. Success in negotiating is an ongoing process, so that as you continually apply the tools you will become increasing skillful and effective. Prepare yourself to apply the negotiating words, phrases and situations needed to be a better consumer, have the skills when you need them, make deals happen, be more successful, all of which leads to your having more fun! When you apply the knowledge learned, share the process with a friend, share with the Facebook group and get feedback, and then continually practice to improve your game, you will become a competent and confident negotiator.
- •tThis negotiating course includes a PowerPoint presentation plus separate audio, text, and graphic files. While the course is presented as lectures, it’s very important to increase skills through practice by actual role-playing. If you have a friend taking the course at the same time, you will both benefit from role-playing with each other and discussing the outcomes. In addition, a knowledgeable third party observer can be quite helpful in giving feedback about the level of skills used.
This course is about helping you become a more successful negotiator, in business and in life.
- 8 different lectures distilled from decades of experience
- Designed to help you step by step, starting with the basics and moving through advanced strategies
- 8 different viewpoints on negotiating
- How to plan your strategy
- Important negotiating rules
- How to develop your game-plan
- 3 critical factors in negotiating
- Important power plays
- Assessing your strengths
- Important negotiating mistakes to avoid
- Over 2 hours of thought provoking and stimulating information
- While primarily designed for entrepreneurs and small business owners, this course will benefit anyone who on a regular basis is conducting transactions in the marketplace and wants to improve negotiation skills, including adults of any age.
Welcome to the course! This short introduction answers the questions “Why was the course written?” and “What does it contain?” The twelve lectures vary in length, and supplementary material is included with each of the lectures. Please see the “MindMap” which displays visually the content of each course section. Marge gives credit to her great negotiation instructors over the years in a Wordle graphic included in this introduction.