Successful HR in Business
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 39 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Following this course, you will have a better understanding and awareness of the challenges and ethical issues related to recruiting employees with disabilities. You will also have a good understanding of your responsibilities associated to the American Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Understand the key steps you should follow in the hiring process; what factors you should take into account when hiring someone; how to pre-screen potential hires; what you legally can and cannot do when hiring an employee; how to advertise for the position; and how to conduct a meaningful interview.
- Learn from best practices that will dramatically increase your percentage of successful hires.
- Study all the ins and outs to successfully terminate an employee.
- Learn how to handle those potentially awkward times when it becomes necessary to “pink slip” someone.
- Gain helpful suggestions in order to stop or correct the improper behavior that would otherwise lead to termination – and that way, everybody wins.
- This course qualifies for 5.25 PDU educational hours toward existing certified PMP® from PMI.org
- No prerequisites for this course - A computer with Internet
Welcome to Successful HR in Business from LearnSmart.
LearnSmart is Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Registered Education Provider (REP 3577). This course qualifies for the above credit hours toward the PMP® or CAMP® training contact hours or toward maintaining your current certification. Thus meeting the Professional Development Unit (PDU) requirement necessary to continue their PMP® Certification or for experienced project managers wanting to brush up on their education.
If you're interested in becoming an accomplished project manager, this training will give you valuable real-life project management techniques. Learn the skills you need to be an effective project manager - this course qualifies for 5.25 PDU credit hours toward your PMP® certification from PMI.
This course provides a clear understanding of management's roles and responsibilities under the ADA, detailing standards set by the law. Students will learn the correct procedures for interviewing and evaluating job candidates to avoid discrimination, as well as the procedures for accommodating - and ensuring a safe, discrimination-free environment for - employees with disabilities. Learn the successful HR strategies when it comes to hiring and terminating employees.
Section 1: The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 brought with it a complex set of challenges that face employers who wish to avoid discrimination against the disabled in the workplace.
Section 2: Successful Hiring will show you the guidelines and procedures that will dramatically increase your percentage of successful hires.
Section 3: Designed specifically for managers to teach them how to handle those potentially awkward times when it becomes necessary to “pink slip" someone. More importantly, managers are provided with a number of helpful suggestions for meting out employee discipline. Study all the ins and outs to successfully terminate an employee.
Learn from others! Here are some reviews from participants (Click on reviews to see full list of reviews)
- Smart method to learn - This course is helpful and using smart way to motivate thinking and understanding. The instructor has a professional delivery method, and the he materials are interesting and creative specially the flashcards and the exercises -- I.A.
- This course is of high quality - This course will explain you every concept from scratch. The instructor is highly engaging and highly motivating. Can't be better. Thank you -- S.T.
- Thanks for LearnSmart LLC. Very clear explanation, easy to understand, delivered in very slow and deliberate manner -- R.B.
PMI, PMP, and CAMP are a registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Professionals looking to deepen their understanding of human resource and management responsibilities, and how to effectively do them.
- Existing project managers wishing to get certified in recognition of their skills and experience, or others who wish to train to become accredited project managers.
- Certified PMP® from PMI.org looking to gain Professional Develop Units to renew their PMP Certification.