Successful HR in Business
What you'll learn
- Following this course, you will have a better understanding and awareness of the challenges and ethical issues related to recruiting employees with disabilities. You will also have a good understanding of your responsibilities associated to the American Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Understand the key steps you should follow in the hiring process; what factors you should take into account when hiring someone; how to pre-screen potential hires; what you legally can and cannot do when hiring an employee; how to advertise for the position; and how to conduct a meaningful interview.
- Learn from best practices that will dramatically increase your percentage of successful hires.
- Study all the ins and outs to successfully terminate an employee.
- Learn how to handle those potentially awkward times when it becomes necessary to “pink slip” someone.
- Gain helpful suggestions in order to stop or correct the improper behavior that would otherwise lead to termination – and that way, everybody wins.
- No prerequisites for this course - A computer with Internet
Welcome to Successful HR in Business.
If you're interested in becoming an accomplished project manager, this training will give you valuable real-life project management techniques. Learn the skills you need to be an effective project manager.
This course provides a clear understanding of management's roles and responsibilities under the ADA, detailing standards set by the law. Students will learn the correct procedures for interviewing and evaluating job candidates to avoid discrimination, as well as the procedures for accommodating - and ensuring a safe, discrimination-free environment for - employees with disabilities. Learn the successful HR strategies when it comes to hiring and terminating employees.
Section 1: The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 brought with it a complex set of challenges that face employers who wish to avoid discrimination against the disabled in the workplace.
Section 2: Successful Hiring will show you the guidelines and procedures that will dramatically increase your percentage of successful hires.
Section 3: Designed specifically for managers to teach them how to handle those potentially awkward times when it becomes necessary to “pink slip" someone. More importantly, managers are provided with a number of helpful suggestions for meting out employee discipline. Study all the ins and outs to successfully terminate an employee.
Learn from others! Here are some reviews from participants (Click on reviews to see full list of reviews)
Smart method to learn - This course is helpful and using smart way to motivate thinking and understanding. The instructor has a professional delivery method, and the he materials are interesting and creative specially the flashcards and the exercises -- I.A.
This course is of high quality - This course will explain you every concept from scratch. The instructor is highly engaging and highly motivating. Can't be better. Thank you -- S.T.
Thanks for LearnSmart LLC. Very clear explanation, easy to understand, delivered in very slow and deliberate manner -- R.B.
PMI, PMP, and CAMP are a registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Who this course is for:
- Professionals looking to deepen their understanding of human resource and management responsibilities, and how to effectively do them.
LearnSmart has served the learning community with high-quality professional skills and IT certification training since 1997. In that time, the company has helped thousands earn career-related certifications from respected vendors, such as Project Management Institute (PMI)®, Cisco, Microsoft, CompTIA, Oracle, and. LearnSmart offers over 1,000 courses covering IT, project management, administrative, HR, and workplace safety topics. With a rapidly growing clientele of individuals and corporations, LearnSmart serves a broad range of Fortune 500 companies to universities, as well as government institutions and the armed forces.
LearnSmart is able to meet diverse career and learning needs through its extensive selection of training. LearnSmart uses industry experts to give learners the most up-to-date content in a video format as well as training resources including; reference tools, pretests, study guides and labs. For more information about how we can help pinpoint and solve your individual or multi-user training challenges.
PMI is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.