My exposure and practice with the English language has had a consistent and long-standing history; initially developed during my academic years as a undergraduate student, and refined to a professional standard during my current employment as an IELTS Instructor. Specifically relating to teaching English, I have over six years of experience in various settings; from privately tutoring students in one-on-one sessions at home to lecturing full classrooms in universities. My varied and dynamic history has allowed me to foster the skills necessary to complete a myriad of tasks and objectives relating to teaching English.
Regarding qualifications, I have:
- IELTS band score of 8.5 in 2016 (provided by British Council)
- IELTS band score of 8.5 in 2012 (provided by IDP),
- Certificate of Advanced English (from Cambridge University),
- 160 hour TESOL/ TEFL certificate (provided by Global Leadership College, Canada), and
- Degree of Bachelor in Business Administration from Foreign Trade University – Hanoi.
Regarding experience, I have:
- Instructed students from a myriad of backgrounds; from high school students to doctors,
- Provided lessons in Vietnam Maritime University as well as private tutoring in students’ homes,
- Authored and compiled IELTS preparation material,
- Constructed and oversaw practice examinations, and,
- Trained volunteer English teachers in proper educational procedure.
In addition to the aforementioned experience, I believe I demonstrate the following personal qualities;
- A core belief in practicing professional standards,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Ability to multitask and prioritise,
- Honest and reliable; with a strong work ethic and;
- Willing to learn, take up new challenges, and follow directions / advice.