Drug, Alcohol, and Substance Use in the Teen Years
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understanding the unique risks associated with substance use during the teen years.
- Risk factors that increase the likelihood of teens developing abuse or addiction problems.
- Protective and prosocial factors that help protect teens from developing substance use problems.
- There are no course requirements or prerequisites needed.
Drug and alcohol use is a scary proposition for parents. We cringe at the idea of our children engaging in adult behavior and worry about the type of kids that regularly engage in drinking or drug use.
If we are not careful, the topic of drugs and alcohol can fuel parents to be fearful and reactionary in their approach.
So, how does a parent go about tackling the topic of drug and alcohol in an informed, proactive, and preventative manner?