- No prerequisites or requirements, you can get started now
- A desire to learn the basics of IT subnetting
- No additional hardware or software required, just your personal computer
This course is for the absolute beginner. Have you ever wanted to know, in very simple terms, the answers to the following questions:
What is subnetting?
How are computer networks organized?
How do computers in a network communicate with one another?
Why is subnetting important in IT networking?
If you answered yes, then this course is for you. Our goal with this course is to provide a simple, conceptual introduction to the fundamentals of subnetting. There are no technical explanations or definitions to memorize - this course is visual, and strictly conceptual. When you are done with this course, you will have the foundation to move forward onto more advanced networking courses. And by having the frame-of-reference understanding from this course, you will be more prepared to tackle the more complex technical concepts and terminology.
- The Subnetting Fundamentals course is for the absolute beginner
- You want to build a basic foundation for working with computer networks
- You want a high-level understanding of subnetting
- About the Course
- About the Instructor
- Networking Basics
- Networking Traffic
- Networking Segmentation
- Binary IPs
- Networking Masks
- Subnetting Calculation
- Classful Networking
- All-Ones and Subnet Zero
- FLSM and VLSM
- Conclusion and Review
- Bonus Lecture - Free Linux Academy Community Account
Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. We strive to change lives by teaching Linux and cloud technology. Students can learn new skills, get certified, and advance in their career.
Our full-time, expert instructors create content on AWS, Linux, OpenStack, DevOps, Azure, and Big Data.