Popular Interior Design Styles and How To Use Them
What you'll learn
- Popular Interiors Styles, Their Characteristics and How to Use Them In Interior Design
- Students must have a passion for interior design and decorating
Personal style is integral to all decorators and key to their reputation. Learn how to identify and establish a personal style, recognise and work with others and their differing styles, as well as understand the key characteristics of today’s popular architectural & interiors styles. Understanding the three types of style will help you produce décor projects and proposals that are sensitive to the space and design.
All of our courses have been designed to be stand-alone courses and can be done in any order. However, if you are interested in taking all of our courses – we’d like to recommend an order in which to do them (although it’s not required):
· Popular Interior Design Styles and How to Use Them
· Design Principles & Elements in Interiors
· Introduction to Colour In Interiors
· Textiles & Fabrics
· Introduction to Space Planning
· Staging and Styling Interior Spaces
· Simple Guide to Curtains and Blinds in Interiors
· Simple Guide to Furniture Styles in Interiors
Who this course is for:
- Decorating & Design novices, hobbyist, enthusiasts and pro's who need a brush up
Melanie spent years working in the PR and Advertising space, but in 2011 she put her lifelong passion for décor and design into practise and founded Chapters International.
Responding to a largely unregulated décor and design industry, Melanie has nurtured and grown Chapters into a force for change – professionalising and upskilling the industry through skills development and the transferring of knowledge.
Melanie’s marketing expertise coupled with her discerning eye for interior design, has distinguished Chapters as a leading training platform in the industry that offers both public and custom training programmes. The company counts Hertex, Guild of Landscape Designers and Italtile among their diverse portfolio of clients.
She is currently completing the Schouten Global Training for Trainers international Certification Program, an internationally recognised course, which will enable her to add even more value for clients through Chapters.