Learn how to write academic essays, including thesis papers
What you'll learn
- In this course, you will learn how to organize your research into a structured essay.
- By the end of the course, you will be able to develop a thesis statement and how to research towards your end goal.
- By the end of the course, you will be able to write a thoughtful argumentative essay.
- In this course, you will learn APA referencing and essay writing tips.
- This course requires a basic understanding of English language and writing. This course does not require prerequisite knowledge of software beyond a PDF reader.
This course is about essay writing. This course is for those in education, or those who need a refresher course.
In this course you will have access to different presentations that cover a wide range of research tips and essay writing guides. In addition, self-study guides and worksheets will be provided to help you train towards becoming successful writers of different essay types. The course is set up to allow you to learn at your own pace with seven sessions to help you learn. The course is structured so that you can select which presentations to view in any order you wish. This course is designed for you and is flexible for all learners to explore and to learn.
In addition, more focused courses on study skills, Algebra, and grammar help are also available under the "Study Time: Your Academic Success Center" umbrella of training support.
Who this course is for:
- This course is intended for those who need support in their essay writing. This course is also for those who need support with their academic research and essay organization. This course will benefit those that want to learn more about different essay structures and methods to create thesis statements and topic sentences.
Jana has been in the US and UK education sectors for over ten years. Her MRes in Education degree targeted educational development initiatives and professional development courses for students and faculty. Her full-time position is that of Director of Higher Education and Skills and works closely with colleagues to focus on student support services. She looks to encourage academic growth and interest in students and uses her experiences as an educator and learner to help others.
Jana has taught English, mathematics, and IT training at high school and university education levels and has teaching degrees in both the US and the UK. Working closely with students and different learners, she has created diverse training presentations and exercises for young and adult learners.