Study Skills for the Student and Lifelong Learner
What you'll learn
- Increase your GPA
- Score higher on exams
- Enjoy the learning process more
- Discover your learning style
- Discover your type of "intelligence"
- A strong desire to be a better student
As a master teacher and lover of education, I have spent many years in the classroom as both a teacher and student. What we educators have learned through experience as well as a large amount of empirical research is that there are study skills and strategies that make all the difference between being an average and an excellent student.
Perhaps more importantly, improving as a student through the use of these strategies will make you ENJOY THE LEARNING PROCESS MORE while achieving better results.
In this course YOU WILL LEARN:
1. How to identify your specific learning style or styles
2. How to increase your GPA through proven study strategies and tactics
3. How to increase your test scores through proven study strategies and tactics
4. How to enjoy school more so that you will become a lifelong learner while achieving high scores and grades
5. Learn any subject faster
6. Remember what you've learned longer
7. Enjoy the learning process much more (we enjoy what we're good at!)
8. How to apply these skills to life in general to help make you a happier, more fulfilled person!
Don't wait to take advantage of this opportunity to improve your life by improving your study skills!
Who this course is for:
- Middle School, High School, and College (University) Students
My courses are designed based on my many years as a teacher and student of education and business. I hold a master's degree in business education and have been designing curricula, teaching, and doing corporate training for almost 15 years.
The business, language, and chess courses that I have built on Udemy are a reflection of this experience and dedication to education. My goal is to reach as many people as possible with my courses, which is why I have chosen the internet and the Udemy platform as my ideal mode of delivery.
The following is a little more about my expertise and background. I was born and raised in Sandpoint, Idaho. I attended the University of Idaho where I earned a bachelor's degree in Business Management and Human Resources in 2004. After a few years in the work force as an account manager I moved to Vietnam where I lived for 9 years.
After arriving in Vietnam I and a small group of motivated individuals launched and ran a sports training company called Saigon Sports Academy. We coached sports such as soccer, chess, tennis, and basketball as well as ran large sporting events such as tournaments and leagues. After 5 years of building the business, I led the successful sale of the company to a local conglomorate (XLE Vietnam, owner of the Saigon Heat pro basketball franchise).
I have been fluent in the Vietnamese language for many years and enjoy teaching the language to other expats and non-native speakers. In addition, I have spent many years training with chess grandmasters in Vietnam and hope that my courses will help aspiring business people, Vietnamese language speakers, and chess players reach their goals.