Learn to Play Fernando Sor's "Study in B minor"
What you'll learn
- You'll be able to perform the piece all the way through up to performance standard
- You'll make your playing sound more complex and expressive by bringing a melody voice while playing an arpeggio texture at the same time
- You'll build good habits and avoid frustration by learning how to practice the tricky parts of the Study in B minor
- For this course you’ll need an acoustic guitar (preferably nylon-string), something to prop your left foot up (it can be an actual guitar foot-rest or anything you already have around your home), and time to practice.
By the end of this course, you'll be to play one of the favorite pieces for classical guitar, Fernando Sor's "Study in B minor." The course is split up into small, manageable sections so you'll be able to learn quickly and see progress immediately. By taking this course you'll join a group of over 1300 guitarists, and be able to play this piece up to a performance standard.
By the end of this course, you can expect to:
- Be able to play a simple but beautiful piece of music from beginning to end
- Learn how advanced players bring out the melody while playing an arpeggio texutre
- Have tools for problem-solving and know exactly how to practice tricky sections.
This is a relatively short, easy-to-follow course on a commonly played and taught composition for classical guitar. It's so commonly played for a reason, and it's a great piece that can help you get better and move to the next level as a classical guitarist.
The Study in B minor is that difficult, but by approaching it as it was meant to be approached, as a study, you can start building good habits and improving your classical guitar playing.
You'll have a great time going through this course and you'll be able to learn easily because you can clearly see the hands from a variety of angles (a must in any guitar course). You'll have lifetime access to the course and you'll be able to download PDF files of the sheet music for the music.
You can start playing better and having a great piece of music that you can perform and play for others (or just yourself), but you have to start sometime. You can click the button that says "Start Learning Now" to start playing Fernando Sor's "Study in B minor."
Who this course is for:
- This course is intended for anyone who is interested in learning how to play some of the most popular classical guitar pieces, whether or not you consider yourself a “classical” player. No matter what type of guitar player you are, you’ll find something to challenge you and broaden your musical horizons.
My name is Brian Riggs and I am a classical guitarist and guitar teacher from Chicago, IL. I have a degree in classical guitar performance from the Chicago College of Performing Arts, and I've played in master classes with some amazing guitarists, most notably Christopher Parkening at his class at Montana State University.
I want to share what I've learned from those experiences with as many people as possible; Some of my most satisfying musical experiences have been seeing students make progress and become musicians in their own right. I've taught thousands of lessons in person and I've had the great experience of helping people fulfill their musical goals and realizing their potential as guitarists.