Strong + Gentle: Beginning Yoga to Cross-Train and Recover
- If you feel the need to, I encourage you to consult your doctor or other healthcare profession before beginning an exercise program.
- Helpful items: a yoga mat, water, comfortable clothing to move in.
- An awareness of your body (such as areas that are tight before/during/after activity, injuries, limitations, etc.), though you can always develop this as you progress through the course!
This program teaches athletes and other active individuals how to cross train and recover with yoga. Through a series of instructional yoga videos, you'll learn how to incorporate yoga into your existing training plan. My goal is for you to eventually build your own flows intuitively as you become more familiar with these basic yoga practices and how they work with your individual body.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone living an active lifestyle who wants to learn how to easily incorporate yoga into their cross-training and recovery.
- 03:16Injury Prevention
- 00:43Injury Prevention
- 01:31P.S. Modifications for Pregnancy
- 02:03Start Here: Sun Salutation
Hi! I’m Allie, a certified yoga instructor, and a recreational runner and hiker. Right now I primarily use yoga to cross train and recover from the latter two activities. All of the activities I practice work together to help me feel good and balanced, physically and emotionally, and I love sharing this with others, both as a friend and also professionally as a yoga instructor.
I believe that yoga offers far more than physical benefits, though. As a yoga instructor, I also bring my educational and professional background in social work and addiction studies, and personal experience with trauma recovery and emotional and physical wellness into my teaching. I have taught yoga for university organizations, church women’s groups, at libraries, event centers, and substance abuse rehabilitation centers. I love teaching, and I love working with so many incredible people as they work toward their own goals in yoga and in life.