Strong Knees: Eliminate Knee Pain
What you'll learn
- Understand which muscles are involved in knee pain
- Stretch the key muscles that get tight and cause knee pain
- Strengthen the key muscles that, when weak, cause knee pain.
- Perform a quick 7-minute workout to eliminate knee pain.
- Release the Iliotibial band to decrease knee pain.
- Improve balance and proprioception around the knee.
- Students will need a towel, a chair and a stretching band or strap
Knee pain relief is just a course away. Created by physical therapist, Chantal Donnelly, this simple strengthening and stretching program will help you eliminate knee pain by targeting the muscles that protect the knee joint. Chantal will not only guide you through knee exercises and stretches to eliminate knee pain, but she will explain why the exercises work in a clear, understandable way. Her explanations, along with he anatomy graphics of the knee muscles and hip muscles, will help you get a better understanding of your knee dysfunction and motivate you to do the rehabilitative knee exercises in this course. You will learn simple beginning and intermediate knee pain exercises which will give you the tools you need to stop the joint pain your are experiencing with activities such as:
- knee pain with going up stairs
- knee pain with going down stairs
- knee pain with sitting
- knee pain while walking
This 50-minute program was designed to help you prevent chronic, aching knee pain. In it, you will find the following:
- Explanation of the muscles that support the knee
- Instruction in exercises to prevent and eliminate knee joint pain (including gluteus medius exercises and gluteus maximus strengthening)
- Knee stretching routine for knee pain cessation
- A short, 7-minute workout routine for stopping knee pain
- Proprioceptive exercises for knee rehabilitation
- Instruction on self-massage of the Iliotibial Band
This course is appropriate for any fitness level. You have waited long enough for your knee symptoms to miraculously go away. Now is the time to actively pursue knee pain relief. Strong Knees will guide you along on your road to recovery.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with knee pain.
Chantal is a physical therapist and owner of Body Insight Inc. Besides Pain Free at Work, she is also the creator of the Strong Knees DVD.
Master’s in Physical Therapy - Mount Saint Mary’s College, Los Angeles, California.
Bachelor’s in Psychology - Occidental College, Los Angeles, California.
BS minor in Kinesiology – Occidental College, Los Angeles, California.
* Certified Massage Therapist since 1993.
* Pilates Certified Instructor (from BASI) since 2002.
Chantal is involved in clinical research projects at Mount St. Mary’s College in Los Angeles, studying the topics of Urinary Stress Incontinence and Pilates.
Chantal is a faculty member for the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at Mount Saint Mary’s College, where she teaches classes in soft tissue mobilization and Pilates for Rehabilitation.
Health and Wellness Expert
Chantal has been featured as a wellness expert in
Women’s Day Magazine, Women’s World Magazine, Alternative Medicine Magazine, Oxygen and The Morning Call. Her DVD Strong Knees was voted one of the best workout DVDs of 2010.