Stress Reduction for Parents of Special Needs Children
What you'll learn
- Develop strategies to counterbalance the impact of negative stress
- Recognise their unique stress triggers
- Learn Quick and Easy Ways to Relax
- Use Breathing Techniques to Manage Stress Levels
- Create Self-Care Plan Unique to Them - Their own Thrive Now Blueprint
- Increase Awareness of their Bodies Unique Stress Signals
- Recognise What Triggers them into Negative Stress
- Honor the Unique Journey of Parenting a Special Needs Child and Why it is SO Important for them to Support Themselves
- Have a Journal or notebook with you as you take this training.
- Download worksheets ahead of time so you can work along with the videos, as you move through the sections.
- Go at your own pace.
Stress Reduction is essential for your health and well-being. Parenting or working with a special needs child or adult requires you to have increased stamina and energy on a daily basis. This course is designed to support you deeply with tools and strategies that will make a difference in your daily live.
The course offers you simple tools that you can use to become more aware of how stress is negatively impacting you and then counterbalance it with practical and simple exercises you can do 10-15mins a day.
What You Will Learn in This Course:
- Simple Ways to Relax
- The Myths of Self-Care
- Honor the Unique Challenges of Parenting a Special Child
- Discover your Stress Triggers
- How to Manage Negative Stress
- Release Stress Naturally
- Deep Abdominal Breathing
- Progressive Muscular Relaxation for Deep Relaxation and Improved Sleep
- Mindfulness Techniques – Quick and Easy to Use Anywhere
- Simple Guided Visualization Practice For Beginner's
- Create Your Own Self-Care Plan – What we will be calling Your Own Thrive Now Blueprint, and More...
Why You Should Take This Course:
- Increase Physical, Emotional, Mental and Spiritual Well-Being
- Unique Support for Special Needs Community – Parents or Support Professionals
- Reduce Stress Symptoms
- Increase Energy
- Greater Self-Awareness
- Increase Spiritual Awareness
- More Peace of Mind
Who this course is for:
- This Training is designed specifically for Parents of Special Needs Children or Children that require alot of extra care.
- This training will also support professionals working within the special needs arena. Whether you are a special needs educator, support staff, behavioral specialists, occupational therapist etc..
- No prior experience or knowledge of wellness is required, however it will benefit even those that already have some daily stress reduction techniques. It is for those that wish to reduce stress and increase well-being.
I'm the best-selling author of "Thrive Now Blueprint- Self-Care & Success Strategies for Parents of Special Needs Children": Learn to manage your stress while parenting Autism, ADHD, Down Syndrome, Mental Health Disorders and more...
Born from my passion to support and inspire other special parents just like myself, my children have a number of issues from autism, ADHD, sensory integration disorder, various processing disorders, mental health challenges and type one diabetes. (I know sometimes I have a serious conversation with myself about taking on all these challenges :-)
I have taken my vast experience as a stress management expert and spiritual life coach, and brought them together to share the success strategies I have been using with my clients and in my own life over the last 16 years as the mom of a special needs child.
With over 22 years experience inspiring audiences, I bring a wealth of knowledge and insight to my training programs. In the past my clients have called me their 'Success Guru" as I support them with MINDSET MAKEOVERS, STRESS MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES and help them to develop their own THRIVE NOW BLUEPRINT for increase well-being and energy.
As well as my experience supporting parents of special needs kids and special needs care-workers, I first began hosting personal development training and stress management programs for senior executives, entrepreneurs and business leaders in 1998, and still offer support to leaders in business.
My depth of knowledge comes from my own personal journey to recover
myself from stress burnout at 24 which led me to studied many different areas related to reducing stress while increasing well-being. I have studied with master teachers around the global, to date I hold over 3,000 hours of training in the areas of Training and Education, Counseling Skills, Stress Management, Personal Development, Yoga, Meditation, Mindfulness, Holistic Therapies and Business Development.
I love supporting special needs focused non-profits around the world, some include National Autism Association, Special Olympics Eurasia, and KIT - Kids Included Together.
I'm a regular media contributor supporting with a voice for the special needs community: Fox 5 ‘Ask a Mom’ Guest, Parenting Autism Magazine, Insight Magazine, and Experts Beacon, to mention a few.