Stress Reduction for Parents of Special Needs Children
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 10 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Develop strategies to counterbalance the impact of negative stress
- Recognise their unique stress triggers
- Learn Quick and Easy Ways to Relax
- Use Breathing Techniques to Manage Stress Levels
- Create Self-Care Plan Unique to Them - Their own Thrive Now Blueprint
- Increase Awareness of their Bodies Unique Stress Signals
- Recognise What Triggers them into Negative Stress
- Honor the Unique Journey of Parenting a Special Needs Child and Why it is SO Important for them to Support Themselves
- Have a Journal or notebook with you as you take this training.
- Download worksheets ahead of time so you can work along with the videos, as you move through the sections.
- Go at your own pace.
Stress Reduction is essential for your health and well-being. Parenting or working with a special needs child or adult requires you to have increased stamina and energy on a daily basis. This course is designed to support you deeply with tools and strategies that will make a difference in your daily live.
The course offers you simple tools that you can use to become more aware of how stress is negatively impacting you and then counterbalance it with practical and simple exercises you can do 10-15mins a day.
What You Will Learn in This Course:
- Simple Ways to Relax
- The Myths of Self-Care
- Honor the Unique Challenges of Parenting a Special Child
- Discover your Stress Triggers
- How to Manage Negative Stress
- Release Stress Naturally
- Deep Abdominal Breathing
- Progressive Muscular Relaxation for Deep Relaxation and Improved Sleep
- Mindfulness Techniques – Quick and Easy to Use Anywhere
- Simple Guided Visualization Practice For Beginner's
- Create Your Own Self-Care Plan – What we will be calling Your Own Thrive Now Blueprint, and More...
Why You Should Take This Course:
- Increase Physical, Emotional, Mental and Spiritual Well-Being
- Unique Support for Special Needs Community – Parents or Support Professionals
- Reduce Stress Symptoms
- Increase Energy
- Greater Self-Awareness
- Increase Spiritual Awareness
- More Peace of Mind
- This Training is designed specifically for Parents of Special Needs Children or Children that require alot of extra care.
- This training will also support professionals working within the special needs arena. Whether you are a special needs educator, support staff, behavioral specialists, occupational therapist etc..
- No prior experience or knowledge of wellness is required, however it will benefit even those that already have some daily stress reduction techniques. It is for those that wish to reduce stress and increase well-being.
This training program is designed specifically for parents of special needs children or professionals supporting this community- autism, ADHD, cerebral palsy, down syndrome, mental health disorders, intellectual disabilities, physical disabilities or medical illness - type 1 diabetes, etc.
It is not meant to replace any medical support or medical interventions for illnesses associated with increased stress, it is however a great support to reduce stress. If you are currently under a doctors supervision for a stress related illness or any sickness please talk to your doctor about this training to make sure you have no contra-indicators before proceeding.
This is the introduction to Section 2 What makes parenting a special needs child unique. Begin this section with a short relaxation technique - meditation and body check in. This is a simple tool that can be used throughout your day to reduce stress and increase awareness.
Parenting a Special Needs Child has very unique challenges, watching this section will help you recognize your challenges and help you reflect that you are not alone in this parenting challenge.
Allow yourself to reconsider some of your thoughts around parenting your child. Download the worksheet questions to support your reflections and to develop awareness.
What are your unique stressful situations associated with your family life. For example are you parenting a child on the autism spectrum, or with down syndrome or a physical disability. Parenting is a stressful job at the best of times, but when you add in extra needs it can increase. Reflect on your ones in this section.
Download this self-assessement worksheet to help you discover how stress is impacting you - physicaly, emotionally, mentally, spiritually and within your relationships. This awareness is key to begin counteracting your stress, you can't change what you are not aware of.
Introduction to Section 4 on Stress Triggers and What Really Causes Our Stress Sympthoms
Introduction to this section on Relaxation Techniques to help you reduce stress. This section has video and audio relaxation exercises for you to work with. This section also is a review of what we have currently studied to help anchor in your learning.
Introduction to Section 5 and a demonstration on how to practice Deep Abdominal Breathing for Stress Reduction.
Progressive Muscular Relaxation is a stress reduction tool designed to interrupt the flight or fight response and reduce the build up of tension in the muscles of the body. Included in this section is two audios. It is important to listen to the introduction the first time you try this technique, this is 7 minutes in length. The Progressive Muscular Relaxation Guided Exercises takes 15mins start to finish. Once you have mastered this technique you can practice it without the guided audio. Enjoy!