Strategic Grant Planning & Management, the Stress Free Way
What you'll learn
- Implement a stress-free system for writing and submitting grant proposals and award reports, error free with no crisis management
- Develop a strategic plan for funding all of your projects and programs for the foreseeable future, (five or ten years ahead
- Choose the right funder, for the right program, at the right time, and in the right sequence
- Track the status of all proposals during the writing/submission cycle
- Track all of the information requested by funders to justify your need and appropriateness for each RFP
- You should have enough experience in grant writing, identifying RFPs that are closely matched to your NPO’s programs, and reviewing or approving content, to know what is involved in submitting a grant proposal
- Your NPO would benefit from gaining one or more of the following: • an organized, smooth-flowing grant management system • a method for organizing your grant management teams • a system for choosing the right grant, for the right project, at the right time, and in the right sequence • A need to become grant ready • and Grant makers can use this content to establish Grant- Ready standards for your applicant
- You will have basic knowledge of Excel and an elementary understanding of the "IF" and "SUM" formulas to grasp the formulas used in the funder calculators.
- Grant professionals who are new to grant writing may find the strategic planning calculators challenging, but all other aspects of the system taught here will improve organization, management and planning at any level of experience
- This is a beginner/intermediate level course, but still may be useful to experts who still have a few organizational improvements to make
Welcome to Strategic Grant Planning & Management, the Stress Free Way.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS COURSE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AND GRANT READINESS SECTIONS THAT ARE INCLUDED IN ANOTHER OF MY COURSES, THAT INCLUDES ALL THREE SECTIONS.
This unique course is based on a system I used and adapted for my employers and clients since 1989. It is unique in that it gives you proprietary grant management tools to:
- win grants
- receive grant awards
- track every aspect of the proposal preparation and submission process
- organize and keep current every piece of data that you might need to use in any proposal
- plan funding for several years in advance
- the right funder
- for the right program
- at the right time, and
- in the right sequence
- report outcomes and show the funders that you were a good steward of their money
FOR EXAMPLE: If you've ever applied to Funder A for program expenses only to find out, too late, that Funder A was the ONLY ONE who would fund your construction or administration costs, while Funder B would gladly have funded your program expenses, you can appreciate how important it is to plan carefully, especially when future funding will be affected.
If you've ever wished you had a way to choose...
- which funder
- for which program
- in which sequence
- and when
THIS IS THE COURSE FOR YOU!
This Strategic Planning course was developed for and adapted to many different types of NPOs over 25 years. You won't find this system anywhere else.
As a grant writer, nonprofit, or consultant, you will find this course gives you a complete solution for developing a system of grants management and strategic planning. It includes a sequence of data management and tracking forms, three funder-selection calculators, and a system to tie them all together into stress-free, grant planning and management system. You'll be so organized that you and your teammates will actually be able to take your lunch breaks. And, never again will you have to spend frantic hours in crisis-mode, trying to get your proposal submitted by the deadline.
If you've ever run into delays getting data, budget, signatures, reviews or approvals with a fast approaching deadline...
Stress-Free Strategic Grant Planning and Readiness will provide you a truly stress-free planning and management system, including:
- the forms and a database, to manage your entire grant funding system
- funding opportunity calculators that you will use to weigh the fit between your programs' goals and each funder's goals and to help you choose the right funder, for the right program, at the right time, and in the right sequence.
This is especially valuable for organizations that have a large number of grant applications and multiple projects going on at any given time.
- How to IMPLEMENT this proven proposal-writing management process
- WHO belongs on your proposal-writing and management teams
- What to include in your proposal writing and management POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- How to manage each phase of your PROPOSAL-MANAGEMENT PROCESS
- How to establish CRITERIA for choosing your funding sources
- How to AVOID SUBMITTING MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS for the same RFP
- How to DECIDE WHICH RFP to apply for, for each program or project
- How to DETERMINE WHEN to apply for each grant you have identified
- How the tools in the Strategic Planning Toolkit (included) are used to create a system that flows SMOOTHLY AND STRESS-FREE
And to wrap all of this together, the grant management system provides sample (editable) written procedures for smooth-flowing processes from the moment you begin to choose a funder to the moment you submit the proposal to the funder.
The system ensures that your grant applications will be error free, thoroughly reviewed, checked for accuracy and completeness and submitted error free and with essentially no stress or last minute crises (conditions most likely to cause errors.)
I've successfully implemented this system in small and large organizations. It's flexible enough to accommodate the many unique aspects of different nonprofits' management practices.
You'll learn how to use the strategic planning and management tools. These tools provide storage for your most current data, to grab and insert in your proposals and budgets. They also provide the tracking records needed to keep your proposal moving through the writing, review, editing, and submission stages. In addition you'll have three different methods of evaluating your programs to match RFAs and identify the best fits.
Funding, as you know, is not just the result of submitting a qualifying proposal, but of developing relationships and credibility.
When your organization is able to show a funder that you've covered all the essentials and are operating at the highest standards, you improve your credibility in the eyes of funders. Relationships, on the other hand, you'll have to build yourself. Begin with this system.
With this system, you can organize your nonprofit in ways that will make your competition wonder what you've got that they don't have.
Not a bad spot to be in.
Who this course is for:
- Grant writers, consultants, development officers and other grant professionals who need an organized system for processing grant applications, tracking data for one or more proposals, and for planning their applications to optimize future funding
- New grant writers will certainly gain much insight from this course, as it is three courses in one, but some aspects of this course may not be immediately useful. Most of this course content is useful at any level of experience.
While working as a respiratory therapist, I was given an opportunity to write a grant proposal for a co-worker, which was funded. This opened many doors for me, including the opportunity to become a professional grant writer, CQI Coordinator, Risk Manager, and to develop patient programs for a rural hospital district.
Over the next ten years I learned enough from our mistakes to begin developing a strategic grant planning and management system. This eventually became one that was, also, STRESS-FREE.
Our original book, CQI/TQM for the Rest of Us, was published and sold in the US, Canada, and Australia. We also presented as a workshop to health organizations in four states.
I then began writing ebooks on a regular basis, the next one on becoming a grant writer, followed by others on starting businesses on a shoestring. And now, I'm turning my 30+ years experience into classroom and home study courses on working from home or from a mobile office (full time travelers.) My video courses here are based on those courses.