Stress-Free Strategic Grant READINESS, Planning, & Mgmt
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 11 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Develop a strategic plan for funding all of your projects and programs for the foreseeable future, (five or ten years ahead
- Choose the right funder, for the right program, at the right time, and in the right sequence,
- Implement a stress-free system for writing and submitting grant proposals and award reports, error free with no crisis management
- Track the status of all proposals during the writing/submission cycle
- Track all of the information requested by funders to justify your need and appropriateness for each RFP
- Ensure that your NPO or NP clients are grant ready at all times
- Develop a quality improvement plan to use to develop measurable criteria; track outcomes; troubleshoot; find root causes; develop improvements; test improvements; and even develop new programs
- Included in the cost of this course are my full Grant Readiness and Quality Improvement courses, so that you have all the tools you need for an all-inclusive grant management program
- You will have enough experience in grant writing, identifying RFPs that are closely matched to your NPO’s programs, and reviewing or approving content, to know all that is involved in submitting a grant proposal
- You would benefit from gaining one or more of the following: • an organized, smooth-flowing grant management system • a method for organizing your grant management teams • a system for choosing the right grant, for the right project, at the right time, and in the right sequence • A need to become grant ready • and Grant makers can use this content to establish Grant-Ready standards for your applicant
- You will have basic knowledge of Excel and an elementary understanding of the "IF" and "SUM" formulas to grasp the formulas used in the funder calculators.
- Grant professionals who are new to grant writing may find the strategic planning sections challenging, but all other aspects of the system taught here will improve organization, management and planning at any level of experience
- This is a beginner/intermediate level course, but still may be useful to experts who still have a few organizational improvements to make.
- This course provides software templates needed in PDF, Word Doc, Excel and Filemaker Pro formats. You will need a PDF reader, a text or word.doc reading program, and software that reads Excel spreadsheets (OpenOffice will do this for Word and Excel files.) If you don’t have FileMaker Pro, there are equivalent forms in the Excel Workbook to hold this database information.
Welcome to Stress-Free Strategic Grant Readiness, Planning & Management. This unique course is based on a system I used for my employers and clients since 1989, and continues to be improved. It is unique in that it gives you proprietary tools for managing your readiness:
- to win grants
- to receive grant awards
- to report outcomes
- to track every aspect of the proposal preparation and submission process
- to organize and keep current every piece of data that you might need to use in any proposal
- to plan funding for several years in advance
- to choose the right funder, for the right program, at the right time, and in the right sequence
If you've ever applied for Funder A's grant for your healthcare program costs only to find that Funder A was the only one who would fund your construction or administration costs, while Funder B would gladly have funded your healthcare program costs, you can appreciate how important it is to plan carefully, especially when future funding will be affected.
If you've ever wished you had a way to choose which funder, for which program, in which order and at what time, this is the course for you.
THREE COURSES IN ONE
As you know, more and more funders are requiring their non-profit applicants be be “GRANT READY." When you and your beneficiaries are depending on these funders to keep your programs running, becoming GRANT READY is one of the most important actions you can take. This course includes the full Win More Grants by Becoming Grant Ready course, including the full text and checklist download.
The Strategic Planning section of this course is unique and available only as part of THIS video course. As a grant writer, nonprofit, or consultant, you will find this course gives you a complete solution for developing a system of grants management and strategic planning. It includes a series of data management and tracking forms, three funder-selector calculators, and a system to tie them all together into stress-free, grant planning and management system. You'll be so organized you, and your teammates, will actually be able to take your lunch breaks.
The full course, CQI/TQM for the Rest of Us is also included along with the downloadable textbook and the PowerPoint slide set to use in training your staff or clients. Along with the quality improvement tools you need to develop specific, measurable criteria and to evaluate the progress of your programs and projects, you'll get a detailed presentation of why CQI is so valuable, how it can improve your entire nonprofit operations, and how to get people to cooperate with any changes you want to implement.
GRANT MAKERS, you'll find the tools and systems presented in this course useful for evaluating the readiness of your applicants to make the best use of your funds in achieving your goals.
Stress-Free Strategic Grant Planning and Readiness will provide you a truly stress-free planning and management system, including:
- the forms and a database, to manage your entire grant funding system
- funding opportunity calculators that you will use to weigh the fit between your programs' goals and each funder's goals and to help you choose the right funder, for the right program, at the right time, and in the right sequence. This is especially valuable for organizations that have a large number of grant applications and multiple projects going on at any given time.
- included is my 1-hour "Win More Grants by Becoming Grant Ready" course with its detailed checklist, that you can use, as is or modify, to ensure and maintain your GRANT READY status.
- included is my 2-hour quality improvement course, "CQI/TQM for the Rest of Us" along with the forms and the presentation slides that you can use to train your staff or clients in developing useful measurable criteria for each of your programs, or for your entire organization, as well. You'll see how we used it to get every employee to participate, and in every aspect of running our hospital district.
What you'll learn in this program is how to develop a strategy for funding all of your projects and programs for the foreseeable future, say five or ten years ahead:
- How to MAKE YOUR non-profit Grant-Ready - A vitally important aspect of NPO management. Grant Readiness is often overlooked, causing NPOs to lose grant funding
- How to IMPLEMENT this proven proposal-writing management process
- WHO BELONGS ON YOUR proposal-writing and management teams
- What to INCLUDE IN YOUR proposal writing and management policies and procedures
- How to manage each phase of YOUR proposal-management process
- How to ESTABLISH CRITERIA for choosing your funding sources
- How to AVOID SUBMITTING MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS for the same RFP
- How to DECIDE WHICH RFP to apply for each program or project
- How to DETERMINE WHEN to apply for each grant you have identified
- How the tools in the Strategic Planning Toolkit (included) are used to create a system that flows SMOOTHLY AND STRESS-FREE.
And to wrap all of this together, the grant management system provides a sample written procedure for a smooth-flowing process from the moment you begin to choose a funder to the moment you submit the proposal to the funder. I show you, also, how to select members for your grant management team, and for your strategic grant planning team.
The system ensures that your grant applications will be error free, thoroughly reviewed, checked for accuracy and completeness and submitted error free and with essentially no stress or last minute crises (conditions most likely to cause errors.)
I've successfully implemented this system in small and large organizations. It's flexible enough to accommodate the many unique aspects of different nonprofits' management practices.
It starts with a review of our robust "GRANT READY" checklist. This review will take you section by section through the list of preparations that will set you up to spend you efforts and time on processing your applications and not on constantly checking to be sure you have the minutia in order.
Once you know how to make your nonprofit "GRANT READY" you'll learn how to use the strategic planning and management tools. These tools provide storage for your most current data, to grab and insert in your proposals and budgets. They also provide the tracking records needed to keep your proposal moving through the writing, review and editing stages. In addition you'll have three different methods of evaluating your programs against funders and RFAs to identify the best fits.
At any point you can jump into the CQI/TQM for the Rest of Us course and learn the secrets of developing effective "specific and measurable criteria" by which to measure your programs' effectiveness. Or maybe you just want to do an audit with measured outcomes, assess needs, or develop improvement plans for your programs, to find out exactly how well your program is being managed.
And finally, I'll show you how to put them all together in a streamlined system that you'll love for its utter simplicity.
What isn't covered is that it won't teach you how to write a grant proposal.
Funding, as you know, is not just the result of submitting a qualifying proposal, but of developing relationships and credibility. When your organization is able to show a funder that you've covered all the essentials and are operating at the highest standards, in other words, that you are Grant Ready, you improve your credibility in the eyes of funders. With this system, you can organize your nonprofit in ways that will make your competition wonder what you've got that they don't have.
Not a bad spot to be in.
- Grant writers, consultants, development officers and other grant professionals who need an organized system for processing grant applications, tracking data for one or more proposals, and for planning their applications to optimize future funding
- New grant writers will certainly gain much insight from this course, as it is three courses in one, but some aspects of this course may not be immediately useful. Most of this course content is useful at any level of experience.
This course combines three excellent courses to give your NPO an edge in winning grant funds. This lecture describes the three, and who should take this course.
A short story about how our NPOs crisis-management problems provided the framework for this very successful stress-free strategic planning and management system
I'll review the high points of the Strategic Planning part of the course, and then send you on your way to the CQI/TQM for the Rest of Us course where you'll learn how to create those specific and measurable criteria so necessary for evaluating how well your program is reaching its goals.
Introduction to quality management; My qualifications; what this system is capable of helping you do; Why include philosophy and preparations; A system so simple you'll have it up an running in a couple days; And one so effective, you'll make improvements within weeks.
This gives an idea of how you could use the system for planning your business goals, illustrated by the story of a CEO who started with a market analysis (needs assessment) of services provided, duplicated, and needed, and developed her plan, a Continuum of Care using this system.
Three divisions of your business. How to identify where the problem is. Knowing the relationship between these three groupings will help you find your root cause AND your solution. Learn about the core piece of documentation that spells your problem out, precisely. Have copies of your worksheets available. You'll be using these for the rest of this course. Again, you'll find these in your Toolkit.