Strength and Conditioning for PTs and Athletes
What you'll learn
- Warm up and Mobility
- Powerlifting Movements
- Squat and Lunge Movements
- Plyometric Movements
- Weightlifting Foundations
- Weightlifting - Presses
- Weightlifting - Clean and Jerk
- Weightlifting - Snatch
- Kettlebell Movements
- Gymnastic Foundations
- Gymnastics - Lebert Equalizer
- Gymnastics - Pull Ups
- Gymnastics - Toes to Bar
- Gymnastics - Glute and Hamstring Developer Machine
- Gymnastics - Rope Climb
- Programming Tips
- Cool Down and Stretching
- Athletes who have some basic prior gym knowledge.
- Personal Trainers and Strength and Conditioning Coaches who want to gain more knowledge and coaching cues.
- Knowledge on pre-screening athletes.
This comprehensive course will BOOST YOUR SKILLS for functional warm ups, a variety of powerlifting, weightlifting, kettlebell, gymnastics, plyometric and stretching movements.
This course is designed for both Personal Trainers and Athletes. Additionally, those who may wish to do further study in Strength and Conditioning.
The course is presented by Coach Philip Sherriff alongside special guests and athletes for the exercise demonstrations. Philip's teaching style focuses on clear and easy to understand cues that can be immediately actioned out in the field.
Philip is the Managing Director of Fitness Institute in Australia and has a combined 20 years of Education and Coaching experience. Phil has experience with athletes of all levels from beginners through to professional basketball players and athletes who have represented Australia.
Embrace the Opportunity, Boost your Skills and Make the Change with this great online course!
Exercises covered include:
WARM UP + MOBILITY
Dowel Mobility Movements
Warmup Mobility Movements
Seated Good Morning
Slant Board Squat
Front Rack Barbell Lunge
Bent over row
Knees over toes squat
SQUAT AND LUNGE MOVEMENTS
Bulgarian Split Squat
Reverse Step ups
ATG Split Squat
Hammer Strength Belt Squat
Plyometrics Mix Tape
Lateral slide to box jump
Single Leg Step up and press
WEIGHTLIFTING MOVEMENTS - FOUNDATIONS
Overhead squats (OHS)
WEIGHTLIFTING MOVEMENTS - PRESSES
Strict Press (Shoulder Press)
WEIGHTLIFTING MOVEMENTS - CLEAN & JERK
Hang Muscle Clean
Hang Power Clean
Hang Squat Clean
Clean & Jerk
WEIGHTLIFTING MOVEMENTS - SNATCH
Hang Muscle Snatch
Hang Power Snatch
Hang Squat Snatch
Russian Kettlebell Swings
American Kettlebell Swings
Hang Kettlebell Clean
Australian Institute of Kettlebell Training Video
Ge the most out of kettlebell swings
GYMNASTICS MOVEMENTS - FOUNDATIONS
Ring Push Ups
GYMNASTICS MOVEMENTS - LEBERT EQUALIZER
Lebert Equalizer Dips
Lebert Equalizer Push ups and rows
Lebert Equalizer L Sits
GYMNASTICS MOVEMENTS - PULL UPS
Jumping pull ups
Weighted Pull ups
Kipping pull ups and box pull ups
GYMNASTICS MOVEMENTS - MUSCLE UP
Jumping bar muscle up
Bar muscle up
ring muscle up
Snap Pull ring muscle up
GYMNASTICS MOVEMENTS - TOES TO BAR
Toes to bar
GYMNASTICS MOVEMENTS - ROPE CLIMBS
Rope Climbs J Hook Foot Clamp
GYMNASTICS MOVEMENTS - GHD
GHD Sit ups
GHD Back Extension
GHD Hip Extension
EMOM Strength Sets
FITT Principles and 1RM + calculation.
Who this course is for:
- Athletes and Personal Trainers who wish to gain experience and cues for a variety of movements.
- Health Professionals who support athletes.
- Students considering a career in Fitness including Strength and Conditioning.
Philip Sherriff has 20 years combined professional experience in education and fitness. He is the managing director of Fitness Institute in Australia.
He holds the following qualifications:
- Australian Strength and Conditioning Association (ASCA) Level 2 Professional
- Masters in Strength and Conditioning Student (La Trobe University 2023-25)
- AUSactive Level 3 Fitness Professional
- CrossFit Level 2 Trainer (CF-L2)
- Diploma of Fitness (Fitness Therapist)
- Diploma of Fitness (Advanced Personal Trainer)
- Certificate III & IV in Fitness
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Bachelor of Information Technology (James Cook University)
- Basketball Coach
- Australian Weightlifting Federation Level 1 Power Coach
+ Numerous specialties in Kids, Adults, Aqua and Kettlebell training.
Philip has experience with athletes of all levels including professional basketball athletes in Australia. He has completed 6 seasons with the WNBL Townsville Fire which includes members on the Olympic Teams and WNBA players.
Phil's teaching objectives are to keep it simple and not over complicate things at all.