Streamlabs OBS: Learn How to Record and Stream Video Content
What you'll learn
- How to setup Streamlabs OBS for recording and livestreaming
- How to perform a test of your setup and check for problems
- Advanced settings for getting better stream and recording performance and quality
- Tricks like splitting audio into seperate tracks for recorded files making it easier to modify in post production editing
- Download Streamlabs OBS of their website. The client is free.
- Have an account with the service you want to stream to (Twitch, YouTube, Mixer, etc)
The goal of this course is to show you how to setup Streamlabs OBS with good settings for streaming to sites like Twitch and YouTube and also for saving videos straight to your computer. We will explore assisting topics like splitting audio to multiple audio tracks, picking a streaming theme, creating hotkey shortcuts. By the end of it, you should have Streamlabs OBS setup and ready to record.
We'll also do a start to finish test run to demo what gets talked about in the course to help make putting everything into practice.
Before starting the course, it's ideal if you have an account with the service you want to stream on so that you can login at the start. If you link it to a Streamlabs account on the website, that will save you a few steps going forward.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is getting started streaming for the first time should benefit the most from this course
- Those looking to up their game with better settings, hotkey setup, advanced settings, and recording tricks
- Most of the information also applies for those who want to record offline videos. Streamlabs OBS is great for that too!
My philosophy in information technology and learning in general is that video learning is the best way to learn for yourself. I can provide the videos but it's up to you as my student to absorb and practice the information to become a more educated and skilled person.
If you want to get a taste of my approach to education and tutorial series, you can find me on my channel.