Strategically Focused Project Management (PMI - PMP)
What you'll learn
- Arrange the elements within the business strategy hierarchy
- Identify elements of a project's strategic framework
- Recognize characteristics of strategic project leadership
- Identify actions that help to achieve and maintain strategic alignment
- Match types of business environment analysis with situations when they would be used
- Recognize project benefits analysis activities
- Distinguish between stakeholder groups impacted by projects
- Identify the stakeholders who are involved in the creation and communication of the project charter
- Recognize effective methods for managing stakeholder expectations
- Demonstrate your understanding of how to maintain strategic alignment during a project
- No special requirements or prerequisites are needed to take this course, but some extra reading about projects, project management, project life cycle, organizational project management, project scope, project schedule, project costs, project quality, project human resources and project communications will help.
- Part of the Project Management Professional Certification Course (PMI-PMP)
The Strategically Focused Project Management (PMI - PMP) is course 5 of 28 of the Project Management Professional Certification Program (PMI-PMP). The course is aligned with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK6) developed by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
As a project manager, your role is to ensure that each project starts out and remains in line with the company's strategic goals and delivers expected value.
In this course, you'll learn about how to achieve that on your project from the creation of a project charter through closing the project. We'll also discuss how to manage stakeholder relationships, with the goal of keeping their expectations in line with strategic goals.
1. Business Strategy Overview
2. Project Strategy and Alignment
3. The Evolving Role of the Project Manager
4. Maintaining Strategic Alignment
5. Business Environment Analysis
6. Project Benefits Analysis
7. Project Stakeholder Impact
8. Communicating about the Project Charter
9. Managing Stakeholder Expectations
10. Exercise: Managing Strategic Alignment
That’s it! Now go ahead and push that “Take this course” button, and see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Leaders, managers, entrepreneurs, professionals and project workers with or without formal project management training will improve project management skills and knowledge and will be ready to stand for formal certification.
Before Udemy, Sorin developed and delivered courses on management, project management, computer literacy, human resources, career development, soft skills for employees and even corrections incidents management.
Currently working as a consultant and program manager, he is a certified trainer and project manager, holding a master degree in International Relations and Policy Making and a bachelor degree in Law and Public Administration.
Sorin coordinated during the last 12 years projects in the areas of rule of law, regional development and human resources.
He has more than 12 years of middle/senior managerial experience within the civil service (justice, corrections, internal affairs, training), private sector (project management, consultancy, training) and NGO (industrial relations, rural development).
Sorin is also a certified International Computer Driving License (ICDL) tester and trainer for the United Nations Peacekeeping Missions, certified Human Resource Professional and a Public Manager (professional degree).