Storytelling to Influence
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 article
- 8 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- FIND easily new stories to deliver your message
- PRESENT your message clearly
- LEAD your audience step-by-step
- INSPIRE your loved ones, friends, colleagues
- CAPTURE your audience attention
- POWER your presentation
- INFLUENCE your fans' TRIBE
- be CONFIDENT in delivering your message
- DESIRE - that’s all you need to start the course. Desire to do what? Influence others of course, and to use storytelling to influence instead of only relying on facts, figures, and logic. Nothing to prepare, so jump straight in! Over 1600 successful STUDENTS have already taken my online courses in less than 3 months with 85- 5 Star Reviews.
Storytelling to influence is a hot topic today! Sadly, though, how to tell stories to influence is one of those “easier said than done” things in life, isn’t it? I certainly felt that way years back when I started on my own path at becoming better at storytelling to influence, especially in my professional life where data and rational thought were the only influence tools used.
Oh, I’m sure you’ve noticed I keep saying storytelling to influence, and not just storytelling. After all, any of us can tell a story for fun, but a story to influence is a little different, with a different intention and outcome, which is to influence. And in my five years plus of studying and practicing storytelling to influence, I found most storytelling tools don’t really work in an influence situation, which frustrated me!
I fully intend to prevent you from having that same frustration and that's why this course was born. And all it takes is to watch three main lessons spread over 23 short videos!
I’ve made this course as simple to learn as possible, and with fun characters and stories to help you remember the tools to influence with a story. In this course, you’ll learn how to find stories, attach a few meanings to every story, how to safely practice storytelling to influence privately until you're ready to do it publicly, and when it’s time, to slip influence stories naturally and comfortably into your conversation. You’ll also find exercises and quizzes at selected parts of the course to really make the lessons stick.
And, by the way, my learning company is called Sticky Steps because our tips and tools stick with you - forever!
- This Storytelling to Influence course is for anyone who must influence others. But hold on, don’t we ALL want to influence others at some time or another? And isn’t it true that we often don’t get our way, and this makes us just so frustrated, annoyed, and well,… upset? So this course is for anyone and everyone who must influence someone else! (this means 99% of the human race - the other 1% live in a cave all by themselves completely disconnected from society!)
A quick preview of what's to come to help you transform yourself into a storyteller to influence!
Find out what is a story to influence and what isn't! Gain clarity now.
A little proof from Neuroscience research to convince us once and for all that storytelling works.
Find out exactly when you must tell your story to influence so that it has maximum effect!
The late, great Stephen Covey said in his monumental book, "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People", that one key habit is to start with the end in mind. That's what this chapter is about as you set about becoming a storyteller to influence.
We know that stories come from (1) our own lives, (2) lives of others, and (3) a combo of both, but why not tell METAPHORICAL stories that I keep reading about in other courses. For example, if you want to influence others to follow instructions, why not tell the ancient Greek story of Icarus, who ignored his father’s instructions and flew too too close to the sun and failed in his quest for freedom. So the question is, why must you AVOID this?