Storytelling: The Complete Writing Guide
What you'll learn
- How to create a great story from start to finish.
- Elements in story construction rarely discussed.
- Creating memorable characters we never forget.
- Overcoming the various obstacles all writer's face.
- Lingerfelt's own personal struggles from writing to publishing.
- No prior experience needed. You will learn everything you need to know.
How do you tell a great story that keeps audiences worldwide on the edge of their seats... whether they're reading it in a book or watching it on screen? This course is perfect for writing memoir, novel, screenplay, or sharing your company's brand. Those who like Robert McKee's works will enjoy this one. Everything you need to know to write or tell a compelling story.
Best-selling author and award-winning screenwriter James Russell Lingerfelt goes through his complete writing process in how he creates stories, novels, and screenplays people can't put down. From setting up the story, to plot, subplot, structure, character development, dialogue, and more.
Though the entire course is three hours long, classes are chopped up into bite-size lessons with titles and descriptions so you can skip around and understand what you're about to learn before you learn it! Are you a beginning writer or experienced one who wants to create captivating stories? Lingerfelt created this course for you. Lingerfelt not only takes you from start to finish in the writing process, but he includes his thoughts and experiences with editors, book titles and covers, and even how he handles negative reviews. When you finish, you'll have a complete understanding of what it takes to tell a story that captures audiences worldwide.
Each lesson comes with a lesson plan and challenges to help you write your story. Make sure to find the PDF in every lesson!
Lingerfelt is known best for his bestselling novel, The Mason Jar. He's an award-winning screenwriter and documentary film-maker. Some of his screenplays have been turned into films. He is on most social media channels and he offers coaching for writers at his website, JamesRussell(dot)org
Who this course is for:
- For those interested in crafting story, whether it be for writing memoirs, novels, or screenplays.
- The same principles apply if you're building a brand or company and want to share your company's story. Great for marketers!
James Russell Lingerfelt is known best for his bestselling novel, The Mason Jar. His screenplays have been turned into films, he's an award-winning documentary film-maker, and his blog has garnered over 6 million readers. He's served as a professor at Lipscomb University and has traveled to over 30 countries. You can receive one-on-one coaching at his home website.