Storytelling For Small Business Marketing
What you'll learn
- Use stories as a marketing tool to get more clients, not as a source of light entertainment
- Understand why some stories help build your business (and some actually sabotage your success)
- Tell a story that's perfect for your purpose and your occasion (rather than try to fit an all-purpose story to everything you do)
- Mine your own background and experience for stories to support your marketing (no more saying, "I have no story!")
- Avoid the most common mistakes in storytelling that make you look like an amateur
- Know exactly how much of your own life you can share (and when TMI begins)
- No requirements for materials or software.
- Open-minded attitude to storytelling
- Be ready to get involved as an active learner, not a passive listener
- This course is presented with PowerPoint slides and voiceover -- not "talking head."
You probably know this already: Behind every successful small business is a good story.
Or, as Richard Branson famously said, “Entrepreneurs must tell stories to survive.”
But how do you decide what story to tell? How do you tell that story for maximum impact? And what if you don't even have a story -- at least, not one you want to share?
This course focuses directly on how to use stories strategically for marketing. You'll learn to view storytelling as a marketing tool, not a source of entertainment. You'll discover why your most effective business story isn't a fairy tale, a campfire story and most definitely not a bedtime story.
Forget what you've learned about being vulnerable, baring your soul and presenting your hero's journey story. You'll learn why being vulnerable can make you seem less likeable, when a personal story becomes Too Much Information and what to do when you haven't taken a hero's journey.
You'll find new places to use stories so you get a jump on the competition (and incidentally make your marketing more productive and a whole lot more fun). You'll get tips to become a storytelling ninja so you wow your audience when you share stories live and virtually, via the Internet.
The course is 100% guaranteed.You get 9 video modules with links to valuable resources you might not find elsewhere. So … why wait? You’ve got stories to share and your audience wants to hear them.
9 video lectures and 2 hours of content!
Discover how to get more impact from your marketing by telling stories
Learn how to avoid the most common storytelling mistakes most businesses make
Understand why Cinderella makes a great movie but a lousy marketing story
... and much, much more!
Who this course is for:
- Entrepreneurs and owners of small businesses
- Anyone involved in marketing a small business
- Emphasis is on service rather than manufacturing, software development or retail
- Coaches and consultants
- Ecommerce sellers
- Independent professionals who want to stand out in a crowded market
Hi, I'm Cathy.
If you're looking for cookie-cutter vanilla solutions to business and career challenges, you're definitely in the wrong place. The most common reaction I get to my products, service, and books is, "I never saw anyone put it this way before."
Just when you thought you'd read everything on storytelling, you'll find a whole new way to tell business stories when you take Storytelling For Small Business Marketing.
Just when you thought you needed to choose between a six-month copywriting course and hiring a good copywriter (and we don't come cheap), you can sign up for Copywriting For Non-Copywriters.
And when you're exploring ways to get more visibility and fame, get my course on Guest Blogging For More Traffic, Clients and Leads.
These courses come directly from my decade or so online, working with clients one-to-one to write their copy, build their brand and develop their compelling message.
And I still work with midlife, mid-career clients. Often my clients want to pivot to entrepreneurship or start a side hustle, so there's a natural crossover.
In my former life I was a college professor who taught graduate and undergraduate students in business schools all over North America. I was the fun professor who was "tough but fair." I was also active in research in the field of marketing and consumer behavior.
Come join me on the journey and keep me posted as you grow into your goals! I'm on Instagram as cathyinphilly and Pinterest as goodwinonline.