Advanced Public Speaking for Profit: Mastering Storytelling
- 5 hours on-demand video
- 41 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Discover the difference between traditional storytelling and the Story Theater Method.
- Learn keynote structure and how to determine the number and length of stories that go into a keynote speech.
- Discover a formula for audience engagement that works with all sizes and types of audiences.
- Identify personal and third-party stories that can be used in a business or professional context.
- Discover The Nine Steps of Story Structure and why it’s important to craft your stories.
- Explore a variety of story-types: Instructional, Profile, Crucible, Credibility, Imbroglio, Success Stories, Vignettes and more.
- Discover how to make the point of your story in a concise and memorable way.
- Discover why it is necessary to add thoughts and feelings to your story script.
- Discover how to use “self-talk” to reveal your thought process.
- Understand the difference between embellishing minor details in a story to make it funnier or easier to follow, versus outright lying about what happened.
- Discover the concept of branding the lesson or point of your story using a Phrase That Pays.
- Discover presentation techniques and philosophies to take your story to the next level of engagement, and effectiveness.
- Make your stories like motion pictures by adding movement and staging to your narrative.
- Re-create three-dimensional environments and then let the actions and activities of your story take place in those environments.
- Portray telephone and two-character conversations in a performed story.
- Explore the technique called “See It, Feel It, Tell It”.
- Use silence to make your story more powerful, and to give your audience more time to participate in your story.
- Portray different characters in your story with slight physical changes
- Get more laughs using proven comedy techniques and principles.
- Rehearse & memorize a story or any written material.
- Maintain power and focus while speaking to any audience, by developing non-codependent speaking.
- Discover the role that self-esteem plays in being a powerful public speaker and storyteller.
- Learn the principle of emotional distance in storytelling and how to manage tender emotions.
- Say less in your stories, by simply letting your behavior say it for you.
- Understand the difference between using a logical argument to influence someone, versus telling a powerful story that leads them to a new awareness.
- All you need is an Internet connection and an open mind and willingness to learn.
Learn how to turn one powerful story into a million dollar speaking, training and consulting business. You can become a professional speaker or a more inspiring leader by simply being able to tell your stories better. Your story can change people's lives, and bring you hundreds of thousands of dollars in income at the same time.
Learn To Choose, Craft and Deliver Your Stories With The Story Theater Method.
- Have you ever watched a professional speaker tell an amazing story and thought to yourself, “I could to do that?" Professional speakers get paid $5,000 to $25,000 and more, per speech. That's money in the bank!
- Have you ever been passed up for a promotion by a less qualified person because he or she was a better speaker and storyteller? If you're in line for a promotion, your storytelling ability will give you a competitive advantage. That's money in the bank!
- When you tell a brilliantly-crafted and performed story, people who hear you will think, “My people need to hear that story." They'll come up to you after your presentation and ask for your business card so they can book you, and refer you. That's money in the bank!
No one else has your stories. No one else can share the knowledge and wisdom that you have from your life experiences. If you have a story to tell, it's time you learn how to tell it.
You can learn how to become an amazing storyteller without spending tons of money. Did you know that you can now learn the secrets of masterful storytelling from the comfort of your home or office? It's quick and easy. And you don't need to spend money on airfare and hotels to do it.
Stories are products. People buy them just like they would buy any worthwhile product. They have monetary value. If your story isn't selling you, it may not be the story that's the problem. You may not know how to tell it.
In the beginning of my speaking career I had one really great story. On the strength of that one story I built a million dollar speaking business. I developed The Story Theater Method for strategic storytelling in business based on the techniques I used to develop and perform that story.
For years, people have been asking me to create videos to teach my Story Theater Method. They kept telling me, “Your book is great and your audios are excellent, but what you teach about movement and staging and creating a three-dimensional experience, is so visual, you need to create videos."
Well I've finally done just that! Now there is an easy and simple way to learn how to tell your stories in a way that inspires people, gets more referrals from every speech and allows you to increase your speaking fees. I've created a video series that gives you everything you need to know about the three secrets to next level storytelling.
Contents and Overview:
In this self-paced, online video learning series, you'll get everything you need to go from speaking for free to charging high fees. You'll learn how to be funnier and more dramatic, how to connect on a deep emotional level with your audience and how to set yourself apart in the marketplace.
With the course you'll get the full series of video tutorials, divided into Nine Phases, plus bonus summaries and exercises for each video. You'll also get 5 bonus videos of Doug's stories to use as reference for the skills and techniques you'll be learning.
Why would you even think of giving your next speech with the “same old – same old" that you have been doing? Take advantage of this career-changing learning resource right now. Your next speech can be the best speech you've ever given.
- Those who want to use stories more effectively to captivate audiences and make more money
- Those who want to turn one powerful story into a million dollar public speaking, training and consulting business
- Those who want to become a better storyteller to reach your career goals faster than any other skill you could acquire
- Those who want to go from public speaking for free to charging high fees
All great stories follow a similar structure: someone (the hero) sets off on a journey to accomplish something. They encounter obstacles and challenges along the way. Other characters are introduced, such as allies and enemies. The obstacles are overcome and a lesson is learned. In Part 1 you'll learn how to Set the Scene, Introduce the Characters and Begin the Journey.
In this lecture, Doug tells you The Dagger Lady Story: Presentation Skills. He refers to this story several times throughout the course, including in lectures 32 and 36. When Doug references this story in other lectures, you can refer back to the story here.