Mastering Variables in Articulate Storyline 360
What you'll learn
- How to use text variables, true/false variables, and number variables
- How to set up conditional logic
- How to integrate variables with other features such as states, layers, sliders, and master slides
- How to plan out the logic in advance and how to troubleshoot when things don't work as planned.
- How to use variables to set up points, badges, personalization, custom navigation, and dynamically changing content
- You'll be most successful if you have experience using Storyline, especially triggers, states, and layers.
- You do NOT need to have any experience working with variables or conditions.
- To use the practice files, you'll need Articulate Storyline 2, 3, or 360. (The last activity can only be done in 360).
In this course, you'll learn all about using Articulate Storyline variables in your e-learning courses: text variables, true/false variables, and number variables. You'll walk step by step through nine examples (three of each type of variable) moving from simple to complex. The lessons are recorded in Articulate Storyline 360, and you can follow along with the practice files and the downloadable workbook if you have Storyline 2, Storyline 3, or Storyline 360. (Note: The last activity can only be done in Articulate Storyline 360.)
Throughout these activities, you'll learn how to enhance your e-learning course with personalization, gamification, conditional logic, dynamic content, and more!
The course takes 6 to 9 hours to complete, which includes watching the 3.5 hours of video demonstrations and completing the practice activities yourself.
Who this course is for:
- Intermediate Storyline users who are ready to take their designs to the next level.
E-Learning Uncovered has been helping e-learning developers get better at what they do since 2003. We specialize in rapid development tools such as Articulate Storyline and Adobe Captivate. Our instructors have real-world experience creating courses for real clients--so you can have the confidence that what they are sharing really works.
Diane Elkins is the co-owner of E-Learning Uncovered, which provides training and resources to e-learning developers, and Artisan E-Learning, a custom e-learning development company specializing in Articulate Storyline, Lectora, and Captivate. She has built a reputation as a national e-learning expert by being a frequent speaker at major industry events such as ATD ICE, ATD TechKnowledge, DevLearn, and Learning Solutions. She is also the co-author of the popular E-Learning Uncovered book series as well as E-Learning Fundamentals: A Practical Guide from ATD Press. She is a past board member of the Northeast Florida and Metro DC chapters of ATD.