Storyboarding for Filmmakers and Content Creators
What you'll learn
- Drawing basic characters
- Creating a composition with depth and perspective
- Applying Camera Movement
- Creating a full sequence to communicate your vision
- Designed for all levels of drawing ability
- All levels of flimmakers and video content creators
Are you looking for a way to:
Streamline your pre-production?
Share your vision with your crew, cast or client?
Visualise your film?
Storyboarding is a simple and easy to learn tool for visualising your film or video project. Unlock the powers of storyboarding like famous directors Martin Scorsese (Taxi Driver 1976), Bong Joon-ho (Parasite 2019) Jody Foster (Black Mirror 2017) and many more. Share your vision, streamline pre-production and visualise your film.
Best of all this course is designed for all drawing abilities!
My name is Carl and through this course I’ve created I hope to help you achieve a more enjoyable and productive film and video production by learning how to storyboard.
The idea for this course all started back in 2017 where I was starting out on my first film project as an Art Department Assistant...
During the first pre-production meeting there was no visualisation of the script, no way to communicate the directors vision or any dynamic collaboration with the crew. And worst of all it didn’t feel creative or fun. I thought to myself “there must be a better way” and the answer was Storyboarding. But storyboarding isn’t an obscure tool so why don’t filmmakers use it? And that’s where this courses journey begins.
As an experienced classroom teacher, skilled illustrator and professional filmmaker I look forward to helping you develop your storyboarding ability and start you on your own storyboarding journey.
Who this course is for:
- Filmmakers wanting to visualise their script
- Professional video content creators wanting to obtain a way to communicate their ideas to their clients
- Non-drawers wanting to use storyboarding to streamline their pre-production process
- Directors wanting to share their vision like successful directors Martin Scorsese, Jody Foster, Bong Joon-ho and many more
Professional Filmmaker and Content Creator with a background in teaching kids how to create online content.
I aspire to make films and share my knowledge with the kind and creative filmmaking community. As well as working as a commercial content creator I enjoy being involved in independent feature film with my most recent project due for release in 2022.