Learn to Storyboard for Film or Animation
What you'll learn
- You will learn about Storyboarding software and Storyboard templates
- You will learn how to make Storyboarding for animation
- Learn Storyboarding techniques for beginners step by step
- Know and get free storyboard templates within the course resources
- How to draw Original Characters, how to draw characters poses
- Learn the entire storyboarding process for film or animation with storyboard examples
- Learn digital storyboarding and storyboarding for film
- You will learn principles of animation and how to draw for animation
- Become a Storyboard Artist
- Learn the storyboarding basics, such as drawing, storyboarding planning and using templates
- A love of story telling, film, and visual language
- You don't have to be able to draw - I'm going to teach you techniques for drawing that you can easily start using today
- You can draw your storyboards on paper and follow this course; or you can use a drawing tablet such as a Wacom tablet and pen
- Photoshop or a similar digital drawing application is preferable
THE complete overview of Storyboarding for Film, Animation or Gaming. By taking this online storyboard course, you will be taking your first steps towards an exciting career path as a STORYBOARD ARTIST IN THE FILM OR ANIMATION INDUSTRY.
In this course, I take you step-by-step through HOW TO MAKE storyboards: from how to draw, to what camera angles to use, to breaking down a script and drawing it out. I'm here to help and support you along the way.
This course covers everything you need to know to about the creative process of Storyboarding for Film or Animation. You will learn concrete skills such as how to draw characters, how to draw in perspective, what camera angles and shots to use for your scripts, and how to make your shots and scenes flow together.
As a Storyboard Artist you get to draw the film, shot for shot. It's by far the most creative job in the whole production process. Whether you are interested in gaming, animation, sketching, comic books or filmmaking, the concepts and techniques in this course will get you started on the road to professional success. You can begin to build a portfolio from right within the course, or you can start storyboarding your own projects now to a professional standard. I've packed this course with only the most relevant and detailed material. I've distilled everything I've learnt in my 15 years as an animation and film professional into each lesson.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is interested in animation, how to draw storyboards, comics, thumbnails
- If you are interested in film making and script writing
- Filmmakers who need to know how to storyboard their own projects
- Anyone interested in getting into professional animation storyboarding
- Anyone who wants to be able to professional present their script, idea or concept in a visual format
- Animators who want to develop storyboarding skills
- Illustrators who want to get into animation
My background spans the disciplines of drawing, painting, filmmaking and animation. I studied Film in Dublin, and spent a semester on a scholarship at the Tisch School of the Arts, NYU in New York. I later studied drawing and animation. Since 2005, I have worked in studios in Vancouver and Dublin as a professional Background Designer and Environment Artist. I've also worked as a storyboard artist, concept artist, and I have directed a number of short animated films.
All in all, I've worked for over 15 years as an Artist, Illustrator and Animation Professional. I've provided artwork for studios whose clients include Disney UK, Sony Pictures Animation, HMH Publishing, to name a few.
I also have an ongoing painting and drawing practice, and I paint portraits on commission, and exhibit my work in galleries. My passion is to teach others the whole spectrum of art skills that I've learned and developed over the course of my career.