Learn to Storyboard for Film or Animation
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 15 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You'll be able to draw storyboard panels for scripts
- You'll learn the entire process of storyboarding, for animation or for film, from start to finish
- You'll know all the main camera angles and shots used in film, animation, tv and gaming
- You'll learn directing and editing techniques
- You'll learn concrete skills, like how to draw characters, layouts and scenes
- You'll learn how to draw basic characters and character model sheets
- You'll be able to draw scenes and backgrounds using 1-point and 2-point perspective
- You will learn principles of animation and how to draw for animation
- Become a Storyboard Artist
- A love of story telling, film, and visual language
- You don't have to be able to draw - I'm going to teach you techniques for drawing that you can easily start using today
- You can draw your storyboards on paper and follow this course; or you can use a drawing tablet such as a Wacom tablet and pen
- Photoshop or a similar digital drawing application is preferable
This is a complete overview of Storyboarding for Film, Animation or Gaming. By taking this online storyboard course, you will be taking your first steps towards an exciting career path.
In this course, I take you step-by-step through the entire process of making storyboards: from how to draw, to what camera angles to use, to breaking down a script and drawing it out. I'm here to help and support you along the way.
This course covers everything you need to know to about the creative process of Storyboarding for Film or Animation. You will learn concrete skills such as how to draw characters, how to draw in perspective, what camera angles and shots to use for your scripts, and how to make your shots and scenes flow together.
As a Storyboard Artist you get to draw the film, shot for shot. It's by far the most creative job in the whole production process. Whether you are interested in gaming, animation, sketching, comic books or filmmaking, the concepts and techniques in this course will get you started on the road to professional success. You can begin to build a portfolio from right within the course, or you can start storyboarding your own projects now to a professional standard. I've packed this course with only the most relevant and detailed material. I've distilled everything I've learnt in my 15 years as an animation and film professional into each lesson.
- Anyone who is interested in animation, how to draw storyboards, comics, thumbnails
- If you are interested in film making and script writing
- Filmmakers who need to know how to storyboard their own projects
- Anyone interested in getting into professional animation storyboarding
- Anyone who wants to be able to professional present their script, idea or concept in a visual format
- Animators who want to develop storyboarding skills
- Illustrators who want to get into animation
Welcome to the course. In this video I'll give a quick intro and overview of the course content.
You don't need to work digitally, but in this video I'll explain the software I'm using and tell you about options available to you.