Visual Storytelling, Sketchnoting for Business Communication
- 2 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- To present your content in simple visual format and thinkining in metaphors instead of obvious icons.
- Learn to make storyboards and business drawings for your presentations on various business scenarios like project viability, meetings, training, goal setting, brain storming and more.
- Methodology to develop your own visual vocabulary in the context of your domain of work
- Use storyboard templates and fill it with your own content and present it.
- Learn how to draw any object or icon using simple geometrical shapes
- My storyboard formula GDTCM to ideate your storyboard from scratch
- Learn basics of business drawing which can also be used for visual facilitation, sketch notes and graphic recording
- Learn what is visual thinking, what are the forms of visual thinking you can use at work and how to learn this skill.
- Draw any object and icon with simple geometrical shapes
- Draw people in business postures using simple rules which you will never forget
- Using color patterns while making storyboards.
- Learning visual hierarchy because what you are drawing needs to communicate the idea and not just be looking beautiful.
- Drawing text and speech bubbles to show interaction between people.
- Learn how information flows in a storyboard. 6 patterns of information flow
- Different kinds of storyboard formats like Poster, List, Process, Time, Comparision, Roadmaps and more.
- Around 30-35 A4 sheets, A black sketch pen (2 mm ) and a very light color highlighter
- No experience of previous drawing required. Not even if you have not drawn a single line in last 20 years.
- Willingness to up skilling yourself
- Promise to practice this skill even after the course
Are You A Manager, Trainer or Entrepreneur and wish to make your business communication more effective and engaging ?
Then my Visual Storytelling Online Course will help you achieve this dream. You will acquire Business Drawing Skills which you will be able to use in your office presentations, online knowledge transfer sessions, Training and Facilitation, Process Visualization, Flip Chart Presentations, visual Storytelling and Visual Co-Creation Sessions.
1. Introduction of the Author
2. Scope of this course + What, Why, How of Visual Thinking
3. Elements of Visual Storytelling
4. Element 1: Pens and Markers
5. Element 2: Drawing Objects and Icons
6. Element 3: Drawing People , Postures, Professions and Group of people
7. Element 4: Drawing Processes
8. Element 5: Thinking in Metaphors
9. Element 6: Drawing Speech
10. Element 7: Drawing Text
11. Element 8: Using colors
12. Element 9: Drawing headers and using effects
13. ELement 10: Visual Hierarchy
14. Revision of What, Why, How and 10 elements of storyboarding
15. Introduction to Visual Storyboarding
16. Storyboarding formula GDTCM
17. Lesson 1: Goal of Storyboard
18. Lesson 2: Domain of Storyboard
19. Lesson 3: Type of Storyboard
20. Lesson 4: Components in storyboard
21. Lesson 5: Metaphors in your storyboard
22. Understanding GDTCM with two examples
23. Final Exercise
Are you always worried about your presentation being BORING & FULL OF TEXTS ?
You FEAR that your message is NOT COMING ACROSS CLEARLY ?
Do you see people YAWNING in your presentations?
Then This Online Course is CERTAINLY for you !
Visual Storytelling is the new way of BUSINESS COMMUNICATION
As consciousness of Visual Thinking is growing more and more in the modern day Corporate World and in Learning/Development Industry, it is Vital Than Never Before to acquire Visual Thinking skills in your repertoire to stand out as an Effective Manager and a Better Trainer. Even Modern Universities are realizing that Visual Note Taking is more effective than Linear Text Based Note Taking in Cognitive Learning.
With my workshops, I am trying to Empower Managers, Trainers/Coaches, Entrepreneurs and Professors to Use Visuals At Work !
Come, explore the Power of Visuals with me ?
Not only this, hand drawings communicate emotions behind what you want to convey and you do not come across as too technical or geeky.
This course is for all the professionals who wants to communicate with their Clients, Team members and Stake holders Effectively.
It is best suited for
Working Professionals | Entrepreneurs | Trainers and Facilitators
What To Expect In This Course
Visual Vocabulary building + Storyboarding techniques
Hands-on practice on the 10 elements of Business Drawing :Pens and Markers, Drawing Objects/ Icons, Drawing People, Drawing Processes, Using Metaphors, Speech Bubbles, Texts on big sheets, Coloring, Effects, Hierarchy in Visual Storyboard.
Putting your thoughts on drawing sheet is not easy. You need to know the templates, direction of information flow, types of storyboards and more. A specially designed methodology of storyboard drafting called GDTCM will help you here. All this including Basic level.
Piyuesh Modi lives in The Netherlands has trained more than 450 participants trained in Visual Thinking and given 2500+ man hours of Knowledge transfer to participants from 14+ countries including The Netherlands | France | India | USA | Belgium | Sweden | Hungary | Germany | China | Ukraine | Albania | Bosnia | Austria | Italy. He conducts Live Workshops in Corporate and individual Masterclasses. He also conducts Virtual Live Trainings (specially during Covid 19 scenario)
He can be contacted at
- Any one who has to give presentations to a team
- Scrum masters, agile coaches, developers, UX designers, product designers, UI designers, graphic designers, project managers, product managers, product owners, testers, business analysts, sales people
- Trainers and Coaches who need to engage people for longer period of time.
- Brainstorming and design thinking facilitators who have to conduct activities among team members
- Life coaches, Scrum masters, Project Managers, Nutritionists, Digital Marketers, Business Coaches and others.
- Design students and professionals who want to ungrade their design skills to visual storytelling.
You will learn about the author and the work which he has done
We will finalize the scope of this course.
You will learn what are the possible uses of visual thinking. Why it is important to develop visual skills and how to be mentally ready to start learning this skill
A quick over view of all the elements you will be learning. These will be all the important element which you will ever need to make storyboards. I can assure you that you won't need anything apart from these to be equipped to draw storyboards or sketch notes. The elements
1) Which pens and markers and colors you need
2) How to draw objects and icons
3) How to draw people, postures and group of people
4) How to draw processes
5) Thinking and Drawing in metaphor objects instead of just drawing plain icons
6) How to draw speech bubbles in different situations
7) How to master some common text fonts to convey emotions in a storyboard
8) Common rules for coloring
9) How easy and intelligent effects can add crucial readability to your storyboard
10) Following visual hierarchy to maintain ease of readability