Store Design: How to Design Successful Retail Stores
- No special materials or software are required for this course. However, it would be a good idea, for 2 or 3 days, to take special notice of retail stores you encounter in your everyday activities before starting the course. Identify the designs you think are effective and pleasing, and those that fail. And if possible, come to some conclusions as to why they succeed or fail. This focus will get you ready to take the course. See you soon.
- Optionally, you may wish to purchase the companion book to this course, STORE DESIGN: A Complete Guide to Designing Retail Stores. This book is available at all on-line book retailers, or usually by special order at local brick-and-mortar bookstores. While it is not a required element of this course, it would be a useful tool for understanding the store design process and as a handy summary reference.
Store Design is an informative, stimulating course that provides everything you need to design retail stores. You will create stores that establish a strong image, attract shoppers, and motivate buying...in short, well-conceived designs...that sell. NOTE: Before you purchase this course, please understand this course is not a substitute for practical experience or knowledge in the world of design and construction. To use this course successfully, other than to just gain a better understanding of this interesting and distinctive design field, you will have to have basic architectural/interior design knowledge and/or experience.
You will gain a comprehensive knowledge of what makes a successful retail store design, and the pitfalls to avoid.
- Determine the correct image for your store
- Design a sensible, logical floor plan
- Create totally effective product presentation
- Design storefronts that attract, sell and reinforce the store image
- Design vibrant and effective lighting
Store Design is your guided tour through the entire retail design process.
Design fast and effectively and explain the reasons for your design decisions. Take the mystery out of the process. The axiomatic elements of the design of stores are presented in simple diagrams with straight-forward language. It's a structured process leading to design success. Of course, you are still the designer. This comprehensive course is your toolkit to use to increase your abilities and critical perception.
The skills of a store designer are always in demand. This is an exciting, edgy, and never-boring area of work. The store design process moves quickly, and it's full of theater and fun. Unlike other project types which may take years to complete, the products of your imagination in retail will be revealed in a matter of weeks.
After you complete the course, you will have the confidence to know that your store design will work functionally, aesthetically, and psychologically. You will always create the right concept for every product, every location, and every retailer, because you will have sound design principles on which to base every decision.
Take the course: broaden your skills, become more marketable, and have fun creating cutting-edge retail stores. You'll be amazed how fast you can become an expert in the exciting field of retail store design.
Who this course is for:
- Retailers can evaluate their current situations and make changes if necessary. Designers can save time by understanding the basics of retail design. Students will have more knowledge about retail design choices than even some professionals.
William Green has decades of experience designing retail stores and other commercial structures. His book Store Design: A Complete Guide to Designing Successful Retail Stores is considered a core “how to” resource for those seeking to understand the mysteries of retail store design.