Store Design & Merchandising: maximize the retail space
What you'll learn
- At the end of this course, you will be able to develop a store design project, either for your own store or a client.
- Learn key technics to become a confident store planner and designer.
- You will be able to integrate a brand's identity in a retail space
- Learn the most effective way to build costumer flow trough the space in order to improve sales
- Understand the principles needed to create a impactful and inspiring shopping experience
- I will teach how to apply ergonomic techniques to improve the consumer's perception of value
- Learn to create a profitable layout by choosing the best fixtures
- I will learn how to achieve a balance between creativity and logistical needs in retail
- No previous experience needed, as we will approach the topics from the basics.
This course will give you tools and the basic techniques and knowledge to develop a retail design project.
With this course you will be able to start developing amazing store design from scratch or improving an existing one.
Learn how to reflect a concept into the store space, how to create a customer journey, and how to plan a store layout according to your product and business.
After this course you will never look at a store the same way again.
We will cover all subjects related to the store space and product placement, such as:
- Store design technics
- Analyze and integrate a brand's identity in retail
- The importance of impactful shopping experience in a digital era
- Develop a store layout and learn tactics to create sections
- Understand customer behavior and how to build a costumer flow in the store space
- How to choose fixtures to improve profitability
- Understand ergonomic's impact in sales
Who this course is for:
- Retailers who need better tools to help them make daily decisions in their retail business
- People who want to acquire more skills for career growth opportunities
- People who are curious about the store design for personal knowledge
Diana Paiva Carvalho has 14 years experience in managing brands and retail experiences. Diana started her career in advertising agencies working with international brands.
It was working for brands like Hermes, IKEA and Nespresso that Diana realized the impact of retail experience in the costumer, so she specialized in interior design, lighting, and visual merchandising, and started a career in retail, working as visual merchandiser, store planner, window dresser and consultant for fashion and mass consumption retail brands.
She is a certified teacher and teaches retailers and students in major retail schools in Lisbon, while working in her company SOI Home & Store Design.
Diana Paiva Carvalho tem 14 anos de experiência em gestão de marcas e design de espaços. Começou a sua carreira em Publicidade trabalhando em agências internacionais.
Foi a trabalhar para marcas como Hermes, IKEA e Nespresso que Diana percebeu o impacto da experiência de retalho no cliente, por isso especializou-se em design de interiores, iluminação e visual merchandising e iniciou uma carreira no retalho, trabalhando como visual merchandiser, store planner, vitrinista e consultora de marcas de varejo de moda e grande consumo.
É formadora certificada e ensina profissionais e estudantes nas principais escolas de comércio de Lisboa, enquanto trabalha na sua empresa SOI Home & Store Design.