Storage Area Network with Oracle ZFS on Centos Linux : L2
What you'll learn
- Introduction and overview
- Explaining advanced RAID configuration
- Replacing ZFS Faulted Disks
- Expanding ZFS Storage capacity
- Migrating ZFS storage Pool
- Expanding ZFS filesystem/volume capacity
- Editing ZFS filesystem properties
- Explaining ZFS snapshot, cloning and promoting
- Explaining ZFS replication
- Little experience in Linux
- VMware or VirtualBox
- Centos 7 DVD
This course delivers Oracle ZFS leading technology to build advanced, professional and efficient storage that meets modern business needs and reduce the complexity and risk.
By using ZFS which becomes an open source technology now, you can build your own professional storage, which has almost the same features found in any commercial hardware storage.
In order to get benefit from this course, you should have some background about Linux administration since this course is completely built on open source Linux.
By the end of this course you will have a strong knowledge about ZFS and how you can build and administrate your professional storage box.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for IT students to understand new technology and to help them for testing and simulating the storage types
- This course is for IT employee who need to build a professional storage with same features like a commercial storage to study ( cluster with shared storage , implementation of storage , understand new technologies )
- This course is suitable for any one has a some of experience in Linux and want to extend his knowledge with storage
My name is Mohamed Nawar
I have worked on Linux since 2007, and have got certified RHCE in 2009, then I have spent the rest of my career working on oracle products related to operating system and storage as a system engineer and also as an instructor, so I have a pretty good experience in delivering these technologies.
As a system engineer I worked at the biggest telecom companies and mobile operators, which was the place that I found the latest high-end mission critical technologies.
As an instructor I have delivered operating system (Solaris 10, 11 curriculum, and Red Hat curriculum) and advanced services courses like oracle sun cluster, virtualization on SPARC machines “Ldoms”, advanced ZFS administration and ZFS storages.
I am very glad to be one of Udemy community, sharing with you knowledge and looking forward to know more from you.
I am Muhamad Elkenany and I’m your go-to Unix/Linux systems and maintenance support.
I began with Linux in 2006 and have never looked back, gaining certifications in Linux, HPUX and Solaris. Throughout my career I served in several IT companies and am now at work as a UNIX/LINUX System Engineer, ever passionate to learn and know more.
Along the way, I’ve also gained much experience with virtualization (VMware ESXi , KVM ,VPAR) and storage (EMC, SUN, HP storage products)
I’m happy to share my expertise, and support your needs for more knowledge and information in the world of Linux.
If you are enthused about the possibilities of Linux, it is my pleasure to gain new friends! Facebook & linkedin.