Stock market for beginners
What you'll learn
- Understand how the stock market works and its main purpose
- Understand the purpose of the main market indices like DowJones30, S&P500
- Be able to differentiate between equities, bonds, commodities, derivatives and other types of instruments
- Have an overview of the various actors in the stock market between buyers, sellers, rating agencies, brokers & oversight authorities
- Understand the difference between the primary and secondary market
- Understand the relationship between a financial instrument and its risk & potential return/reward expectations
- Have an overview of the tools to use as investor
- Eagerness to learn
- General interest in stock markets & finance
Investing in the stock market can be confusing experience for beginners due to the amount of news, buzzwords and complex vocabulary. While Warren Buffett said that you do not need a PhD to be a successful investor, investing in the stock master requires a minimum of understanding of the fundamental principles. This is exactly the purpose of this training.
In this course you will learn all about:
Understand how the stock market works and its main purpose
Understand the purpose of the main market indices like DowJones30, S&P500
Be able to differentiate between equities, bonds, commodities, derivatives and other types of instruments
Have an overview of the various actors in the stock market between buyers, sellers, rating agencies, brokers & oversight authorities
Differentiate between the primary and secondary market
Understand the difference between the primary and secondary market
Understand the relationship between a financial instrument and its risk & potential return/reward expectations
Have an overview of the tools to use as investor
Investing in stock markets can be a very positive but also very negative experience if you do not really understand what you are doing.
Learn from my 20 years experience as an investor running my own investment fund and rapidly move ahead faster with the knowledge I will share with you.
THIS COMPLETE COURSE WILL GIVE YOU A SOLID START IN STOCK MARKETS
Many thanks and I appreciate your interest in my course!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner investors curious about the stock market
- People having a general interest in the stock market
- People who are serious about investing in the stock market and not gamblers
- People who do not understand or get confused with the financial market vocabulary
My name is Candi Carrera. Born in 1972, I have been a value investor since 2001 with 90% of my personal savings invested in blue chip companies. One of my core principles is to never borrow money when investing in the stock market. I keep the remaining 10% as a permanent cash reserve to buy more stocks when markets get irrational & depressed which happens in average once every 2 - 4 years.
At the age of 50 and thanks to value investing learned from Warren Buffet & Benjamin Graham, I was able to "retire" and live today from the passive stream of income that my value investing portfolio delivers. My personal mission is to help people reach their financial independence by teaching them value investing.
My main attitude as value investor is to buy shares as if I would be buying the whole company, acting as a business owner and understanding the business I am investing into.
During bear markets, investors are depressed and become pessimistic. I take the opportunity during those periods to buy great companies at low prices. As famous investor John Templeton said : "If you want to have a better performance than the crowd, you must do things differently from the crowd". My courses aim at developing a strong investing mindset in order to make better investment decisions and being able to develop and grow a stream of passive income.
In parallel to being a value investor since 2001, I have been in many Senior Management positions during my career running companies up to 200 MUSD in annual revenue. Currently I am serving as independent board director in 2 companies in Luxembourg & Dubai/UAE and also running 36 Square Capital our family-owned holding company.
From an educational background perspective, I have a Master in Business Administration from University of Lorraine (France) and a Certificate in Value Investing from University of Luxembourg and INSEAD IDP-C trained. I have also been mentoring young entrepreneurs in Luxembourg & university spinoffs since 2010.
Last but not least I try to be a good husband and father to my wife & 2 children.