Stock, Bond and Mutual Fund Investing
- 34 mins on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Answer all of the questions below:
- What is Investing?
- What is Ethical/SRI/ESG/CSR Investing?
- Why Invest?
- Risk and Reward
- What Is a Stock?
- What Is a Bond?
- What Is a Mutual Fund?
- What is a return?
- What is screening? exclusion? shareholder activism? positive investing?
- General knowledge of the internet
We quickly and completely cover the basics of investing in only about 40 minutes. If you want honest, objective information about investing, this is your course. It's also geared to people who want to start investing now! We define what stocks, bonds and mutual funds are. In addition, we cover risk and return, two key investing concepts. We cover ethical/social/environmental investing, providing expert-level instruction on these topics. We show returns generated by various types of investments from 1801 to 2011. We show you how to use various techniques to invest in stocks and bonds at low or no cost. Finally, we describe some of the best mutual funds in the marketplace. Our lecture provides the rationale for both investing and for social investing.
- This introductory course is for those seeking to learn more about investing in general and ethical/environmental/social investing in particular.
- If you have a billion dollar portfolio, this is probably not the class for you.