OIL PAINTING FROM BEGINNER TO MASTER
What you'll learn
- A process and structure to painting a still life from start to finish, that’s easy for anyone to manage!
- You’ll learn what the best supplies mediums and cleaners to buy and how to use them. As well as what steps ta take to prepare a painting
- How to mix a 10 value greyscale, shading and how to make a gradient in every value with paint.
- You’ll learn the best approach to doing a drawing specifically for a painting, an easy system to get your drawing right every time!!
- How painting in layers works starting with an underpainting, and you’ll learn how to bring an oil painting to completion. (Including varnishing)
- You’ll learn how to use a new kind of color chart that will make mixing or matching any color imaginable easy, using the least amount of tubes of paint possible
- You’ll Learn the difference between chroma, color and values and how to control them.
- You’ll learn how to easily add incredible detail to a painting without all the incredible patients!.
- You’ll learn how to Varnish and give your painting a beautiful glossy, finished look
- A basic understanding drawing and painting would be helpful. The supplies required are: Oil paints, palette knife, brushes, gesso, ruler, etc. Mostly standard art supplies to paint with but I’ll provide you with a detailed list in the beginning of the course. I’ve streamlined the materials and chosen only the bear minimum you’ll need, to save you money!
“How to Paint: From Beginner to Master” Still Life Painting Is designed to teach anyone from beginner to moderate, the fundamentals of painting a still life using Oil Paint. Watch me demonstrate every lesson, step by step as I go into incredible detail of every aspect of creating a painting from start to finish! From explaining exactly how to mix every color down to the percentage of paint- to what direction to apply brushstrokes while painting a subject. You’ll get a first hand-close up view that you could never get in a classroom! This course teaches you a traditional process of doing a painting. We start with the fundamentals- from setting up your work area to the brushes you should use- then I guide you thought the process of doing a still like painting, step by step to completion. By the end of the course you'll have done the painting you see in the course commercial and have a working knowledge of how to properly paint a still life on your own! This is a guided course, so you won't be left to figure anything out on your own, I'll walk you through everything from finding the right supplies and how to take care of them, to applying the final glaze on your paintings- and everything in-between!
Who this course is for:
- This is a painting course for anyone who truly wants to learn how to paint.
Joseph Patric Daniels. Born 1976 New York, N.Y.
I’ve made a living as fine artist and illustrator based in NYC for over 20 years, I've exhibited internationally and won awards and grants for painting for institutions like The Society of Illustrators and The Art Directors Club. I studied at the School of Visual Arts, among other institutions, where I learned most of these techniques.
During that time, I worked for artists like Tom Weselmann, (now considered one of the greatest pop artists who ever lived) Marjorie Stryder, and Kevin Barrett, whom I helped fabricate large scale metal sculptures for. Since then, I’ve gone on to show from Galleries in Manhattan like Joseph Nahmad, to international shows like Art Basel.
I write and teach under a under a pseudonym because of a teacher I had back when I was studying in college. He taught at the School Of Visual Arts for decades and throughout that time he had a strict policy of never showing his students his own work. His philosophy, which I have chosen to adopt, was that showing your students your work stifles them creatively and they’ll likely just end up making paintings that look like yours. And let me tell you, he was right. I saw plenty of students coming out of very expensive classrooms producing carbon copies of their teachers work- and that’s the last thing I want to achieve from creating this class. I want to give you the tools to have complete creative freedom to paint, draw and express yourself, without giving up from frustration like so many before us. I want what you learn in my courses to help you to achieve whatever style you desire- and I urge you to find your own!