Steps In Estate Planning
- List of Beneficiaries
- Proxy Decision Makers
Estate planning is about how you distribute your estate - the assets and savings that you owned - according to your wishes after your death. It is about making sure that the people and causes you care about, receive some of your estate in the amount and manner you want them to.
In this course, we will cover the following steps of the Estate Planning Process:
- Deciding on the means of transferring your assets
- Executing your Estate Plan
- Reviewing your Estate Plan
Under the Means of Estate Transfer, we will discuss:
- Transfers before death
- Transfers through the probate process
- Transfers through Will substitutes
We will also discuss concepts such as:
- Testamentary Trust
- Rules of Survivorship
- CPF Nomination
- Nomination Of Insurance Nominees
- Expenses incurred in an Estate Transfer
- Lasting Power Of Attorney (LPA)
There are also Case Studies to help you understanding the concepts of:
- Net Estate value
- Disbursement of moneys
- Concerns about death and losing mental capacity
This course is suitable for anyone who has substantial financial assets and wishes to do Estate Planning. Please note, however, that some of the concepts in this course are only applicable in Singapore.
- those approaching retirement
- working adults
- those who wish to do estate planning
- Objectives And Introduction To The Estate Planning Process01:36
- MoneySENSE Core Financial Capabilities Framework02:00
- Decide On The Means Of Transferring Your Assets02:19
- Slides: Decide On The Means Of Transferring Your Assets3 pages
- Testamentary Trust, Will Substitutes, Rules Of Survivorship01:52
- Slides: Testamentary Trust, Will Substitutes, Rules Of Survivorship3 pages
- CPF and Insurance Nominations, Trust and Revocable Nominations03:29
- Slides: CPF and Insurance Nominations, Trust and Revocable Nominations3 pages
- Execute Your Estate Plan01:23
- Slides: Execute Your Estate Plan2 pages
- Lasting Power Of Attorney (LPA)03:12
- Slides: Lasting Power Of Attorney (LPA)3 pages
- Review Your Estate Plan00:52
- Case Studies03:50
- Slides: Case Studies7 pages
- Additional Resources00:57
The Institute for Financial Literacy is a collaboration between MoneySense and Singapore Polytechnic Enterprise.
Our financial education courses cover basic money management, financial planning and investment know-how.
BA (Hons) Business and Finance
Ferris Wee is a qualified Financial Planner, and through his previous workplace, a global financial services company, he has helped more than one hundred clients with his clear process in reviewing their financial needs. Specifically, he has helped clients to identify their goals and ensure that they make the right choices to meet those goals today, tomorrow and in the years to come.
Ferris is passionate about leading people beyond financial breakthroughs, and has conducted financial literacy training in Singapore and Indonesia, as well as sports camp training for youths in India. Ferris is also an experienced financial counselor, helping many people manage their budget to meet their financial responsibilities.
Ferris is a Certified Will Writer, and has provided Professional Will writing, estate planning and custody services. He is also an Associate Estate Planning Practitioner.
Prior to his career in financial planning, Ferris was with the Republic of Singapore Air Force working on budgeting, logistics, maintenance and overseeing safety issues. For his strong leadership qualities, Ferris received the Outstanding Safety Warrior Award.
Ferris has a BA (2nd Class Upper Honours) specializing in Business and Finance. He also holds industry certifications in M5, M8, M8A, M9, M9A, HI, BCP and PGI.