Step-by-Step Trading and Transaction Comps
What you'll learn
- Learn how to conduct trading and transaction comparables analysis from start to finish
- Understand how to select an appropriate group of listed peers
- Discover the key metrics used in comparables analysis
- Understand how to filter for precedent comparable transactions
- Learn how to create industry standard comparables outputs
- A basic knowledge of finance
The Step-by-Step Trading and Transaction Comps course is designed to provide you with a highly approachable & time-efficient way to learn more about how to create your own trading and transaction comparables models in order to value companies.
We cover each major component of comparables analysis from filtering listed companies and precedent transactions to modeling out the valuations themselves. We use a highly practical learning approach via a case study that is completed during the course. We stand with you each step of the way as you discover the need-to-know concepts to make sure you can put this to use immediately! The 100% free preview lectures and course outline will give you a feel for the style and level of content that will be covered.
I have worked in senior roles at the best global investment banks such as J.P. Morgan and Citigroup, having also been a private equity investor in Europe and Asia. You should feel confident that you are in good hands!
1. Core Principles of Relative Valuation - discover the essentials of what you need to know about relative valuation
2. Trading Comparables Analysis - dive into how to conduct trading comparables analysis from start to finish
3. Transaction Comparables Analysis - learn how to conduct transaction comparables analysis from start to finish
4. Applications & Outputs - discover how to create your own, industry-standard comparables outputs
If you have any questions once you get started, do not hesitate to use the embedded Q&A function and we will get back to you shortly to continue your learning journey.
Whether you're wanting to improve your modeling & valuation skills or are even brand new to the finance world, this is the course for you!
We can't wait to see you inside the course!
Who this course is for:
- Finance Professionals who want to learn more about comparables analysis for valuation purposes
- Other Professionals who are keen to understand how to complete a comparables analysis and how they work at a detailed level
- Students who want to learn on-the-job skills that are regularly used within investment banking and similar professions
- Anyone who would like to learn more about company valuation and comparables analysis
Michael is a private equity investor and investment banker, having executed $5+ billion in M&A and capital raising transactions at leading firms across Asia, North America and Europe including J.P. Morgan and Citi.
> Advised a range of public and private companies, ranging from early-stage ventures to Fortune 1000 companies, on M&A and capital raisings
> Sourced deals for multiple private equity funds
> Advised private equity funds across two continents on fundraising
> Led the exit of multiple private equity investments
> Served on the boards of numerous PE-backed companies
> Worked as a mentor with some of the leading global accelerators including Techstars
> Served on university commercialisation committees to allocate limited capital to early stage projects
Michael was educated at the University of Western Australia and Yale School of Management. He is also a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.