Step-by-Step 3 Statement Financial Modeling
What you'll learn
- Learn how to create a 3 statement financial model from start to finish
- Understand how to formulate a set of operating assumptions
- Learn how to model out a forecast profit and loss statement
- Understand how to model out the cash flow statement and balance sheet
- Discover the intuitive linkages between the 3 financial statements
- A basic knowledge of finance
The Step-by-Step 3 Statement Financial Modeling course is designed to provide you with a highly approachable & time-efficient way to learn more about how to create your own financial models and review those created by others!
We cover each component of a 3 statement financial model from creating detailed forecast assumptions to modeling out each of the financial statements (P&L, Cash Flow Statement, Balance Sheet) within Excel. We use a highly practical learning approach with a student-led case study completed during the course. We stand with you each step of the way as you discover the need-to-know concepts to make sure you can put this to use immediately! The 100% free preview lectures and course outline will give you a feel for the style and level of content that will be covered.
I have worked in senior roles at the best global investment banks such as J.P. Morgan and Citigroup, having also been a private equity investor in Europe and Asia. You should feel confident that you are in good hands!
1. Course Introduction - discover the first steps of creating a 3 statement financial model in Excel
2. Operating Assumptions - dive into how to create a set of operating assumptions for a business
3. The First Statement - P&L - learn how to model out the profit and loss statement
4. The Second Statement - Cash Flow Statement - understand how the P&L is linked to the cash flow statement and how to model it out
5. The Third Statement - Balance Sheet - learn how to model out the balance sheet and its supporting schedules
6. Final Model Check & Troubleshooting - discover how the 3 financial statements come together & key strategies to troubleshoot a model
If you have any questions once you get started, do not hesitate to use the embedded Q&A function and we will get back to you shortly to continue your learning journey.
Whether you're wanting to improve your financial modeling skills or are even brand new to the finance world, this is the course for you!
We can't wait to see you inside the course!
Who this course is for:
- Finance, Accounting & Banking Professionals who want to learn more about 3 statement financial modelling
- Other Professionals who are keen to understand how financial models are created and how they work at a detailed level
- Students who want to learn hands-on skills that are used within most areas of accounting and finance every week
- Anyone who would like to learn about how to create 3 statement financial models
Michael is a private equity investor and investment banker, having executed $5+ billion in M&A and capital raising transactions at leading firms across Asia, North America and Europe including J.P. Morgan and Citi.
> Advised a range of public and private companies, ranging from early-stage ventures to Fortune 1000 companies, on M&A and capital raisings
> Sourced deals for multiple private equity funds
> Advised private equity funds across two continents on fundraising
> Led the exit of multiple private equity investments
> Served on the boards of numerous PE-backed companies
> Worked as a mentor with some of the leading global accelerators including Techstars
> Served on university commercialisation committees to allocate limited capital to early stage projects
Michael was educated at the University of Western Australia and Yale School of Management. He is also a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.