How to remain safe and secure on the internet
- No prior knowledge is assumed and no specific materials is required to attend this course. It would be useful for students to have basic knowledge of surfing the internet, or using online systems such as social media, online banking or online shopping.
This course, presented by the Centre for Research into Advanced Fraud & Future Threats (CRAFT), is designed to assist students in learning about threats that they might encounter online and to assist them in protecting their online identlty and using the internet in a safe and secure manner.
No prior knowledge is assumed and the course does not delve into the techniical aspects of the threats or technology. The course material is presented in video format and no additional materials are required to complete the course nor is any activities outside of the course materials required, or expected.
The course can be completed in less than 60 minutes.
Who this course is for:
- This course is best suited to students who use the internet to communicate with others, navigate social media and perform routine tasks such as online banking or shopping. This course is also for those who wish to learn more about being safe and secure while using the internet. This course is probably not for you if you are an advanced user who is aware of security concerns and actively utilises security procedures.
- 02:42How we use the internet
- 02:14The Basics
- 01:59AntiVirus and Malware
- 02:04Security Updates
- 04:44Free WiFi
- 05:52Online Scams
- 01:04Online entertainment
- 03:11Social Media and posting photographs online
The Centre for Research into Advanced Fraud and Future Threats (CRAFFT) is an organisation dedicated to combating fraud, as well as security threats, in all forms.
CRAFFT is a premier provider of anti-fraud training, education, bespoke software development in conjuncion with consulting services to individuals as well as to both private and public sector companies.
With over 20 years experience in Information Technology and in excess of 10 years experience of working with some of the largest anti-fraud organistations in the world providing investigation expertise and advice on how to combat fraud, you can be assured that your instructor is knowledgeable and at the forefront of his profession.