Statistics for Data Analysis Using R
What you'll learn
- You will first learn the basic statistical concepts, followed by application of these concepts using R Studio. This course is a nice combination of theory and practice.
- Descriptive Statistics - Mean, Mode, Median, Skew, Kurtosis
- Inferential Statistics - One and two sample z, t, Chi Square, F Tests, ANOVA, TukeyHSD and more.
- Probability Distributions - Normal, Binomial and Poisson
- You will learn R programming from the beginning level.
- Basic school level mathematics will be helpful.
- You will need to download and install R and R Studio on your PC or laptop. Both R and R Studio are for Free Software.
Perform simple or complex statistical calculations using R Programming! - You don't need to be a programmer for this :)
Learn statistics, and apply these concepts in your workplace using R.
The course will teach you the basic concepts related to Statistics and Data Analysis, and help you in applying these concepts. Various examples and data sets are used to explain the application.
I will explain the basic theory first, and then I will show you how to use R to perform these calculations.
The following areas of statistics are covered:
Descriptive Statistics - Mean, Mode, Median, Quartile, Range, Inter Quartile Range, Standard Deviation. (Using base R function and the psych package)
Data Visualization - 3 commonly used charts: Histogram, Box and Whisker Plot and Scatter Plot (using base R commands)
Probability - Basic Concepts, Permutations, Combinations (Basic theory only)
Population and Sampling - Basic concepts (theory only)
Probability Distributions - Normal, Binomial and Poisson Distributions (Base R functions and the visualize package)
Hypothesis Testing - One Sample and Two Samples - z Test, t-Test, F Test, Chi-Square Test
ANOVA - Perform Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) step by step doing the manual calculation and by using R.
What are other students saying about this course?
This course is a perfect mix of theory and practice. I highly recommend it for those who want to not only get good with R, but to also become proficient in statistics. (5 stars by Aaron Verive)
You get both the “how” and “why” for both the statistics and R programming. I’m really happy with this course. (5 stars by Elizabeth Crook)
Sandeep has such a clear approach, pedagogic and explains everything he does. Perfect for a novice like myself. (5 stars by Hashim Al-Haboobi)
Very clear explanation. Coming from a non-technical background, it is immensely helpful that Prof. Sandeep Kumar is explaining all the minor details to prevent any scope for confusion. (5 stars by Ann Mary Biju)
I had a limited background in R and statistics going into this course. I feel like this gave me the perfect foundation to progress to more complex topics in both of those areas. I'm very happy I took this course. (5 stars by Thach Phan)
Dr. Kumar is a fantastic teacher who takes you step by step. Can't say enough about his approach. Detailed. Not only clear descriptions of statistics but you will learn many details that make R easier to use and understand. (5 stars by James Reynolds)
This is a wonderful course, I do recommend it. The best Udemy course I took. (5 stars by Joao Alberto Arantes Do Amaral)
The course exceeded my expectations and i would like to thank the instructor Mr Sandeep Kumar for creating such an amazing course. The best thing about this course is the Theory incorporated that helps you understand what you are going to code in R. I have really learnt a lot. If you a looking for the best course for R then look no further because this is the best there can be. (5 stars by Kipchumba Brian)
What are you waiting for?
This course comes with Udemy's 30 days money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the course, get your money back.
I hope to see you in the course.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who want to use statistics to make fact based decisions.
- Anyone who wants to learn R and R Studio for career in data science.
- Anyone who thinks Statistics is confusing and wants to learn it in plain and simple language.
ASQ ConnEx Expert, PMI-PMP, IRCA Registered Lead Auditor, ASQ - CSSBB, CQA, CQE, CMQ/OE, IIA - CIA, NAHQ - CPHQ
Sandeep Kumar has more than 35 years of Quality Management experience. He has worked as Quality Director on several projects, including Power, Oil and Gas and Infrastructure projects.
In addition, he provides coaching and consulting services to implement Lean Six Sigma to improve performance.
After the successful completion of ASQ vetting, Sandeep Kumar has been designated as a genuine and authorized ASQConnEx expert. ASQConnEx is an education delivery system and network that vets, designates, and connects quality subject matter experts with organizations to advance their excellence journey.
His areas of specialization include Quality Assurance, ISO 9001:2015, Lean, Six Sigma, Risk Management, QMS Audits, Supplier Quality Surveillance, Supplier Pre-qualification, Construction Quality, Mechanical Inspection and Quality Training.
His professional qualifications/certifications include:
• Authorized ASQ ConnEx Expert
• ASQ-CSSBB, Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
• ASQ-CMQ/OE Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence
• PMI-PMP Certified Project Management Professional
• IRCA Registered Lead Auditor (QMS-2015)
• IIA-CIA Certified Internal Auditor
• NAHQ-CPHQ Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality
• ASQ-CSSGB, Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
• ASQ-CQA Certified Quality Auditor
• ASQ-CQE Certified Quality Engineer
• ASQ-CSQP Certified Supplier Quality Professional