What you'll learn
- Meaning, nature, Scope & Limitations of statistics
- Summarize data using Graphical and Numerical Methods
- Meaning of probability, Addition & Multiplication Rules of Probability, Total Probability & Bayes' Theorem
- Random Variable, Binomial, Poisson & Normal Distribution
- Sampling and its types, Sampling distribution of Mean, Standard Error
- Estimation, Point Estimate, Interval Estimate, Confidence Interval construction
- Hypothesis Testing, Z test, t-test, F test, Chi-square test, Test of Independence, ANOVA
- Index Number
- Karl Pearson Correlation, Spearman's Rank Order Correlation, Regression Analysis & Forecasting
- Statistical Decision Theory
- Knowledge of MS Excel is desirable
- Knowledge of basic computer operations
This course on business statistics is for MBA students. It caters to the need of business and management professionals and provides not only a conceptual understanding of various statistical concepts but also teaches in a step by step method to conduct statistical analysis using excel. It covers univariate, bivariate and multivariate analysis in a clear cut manner using excel snapshots.
Who this course is for:
- This course is meant for MBA Students
- Also helpful undergraduate business statistics courses
- This course is equally useful for business professionals & researchers.
I am Ash Narayan Sah working as assistant professor in the area of Economics and Econometrics in Thapar University, Patiala. I am a doctorate in Economics. I started doing my specilization in the economics area after my 12th. I completed my graduation in economics with honours from Utkal University in 1997. I did my master in economics from Hyderabad Central University, Andhra Pradesh in 2000. I also did my M.Phil in Economics and after M.Phil, I enrolled for my PhD in Financial Economics in Hyderabad Central University. After completion of my PhD, I joined as an assistant professor in University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun in January 2007. I worked for 5 years in University of Petroleum and Energy Studies and taught basic econometrics course and mangerial economics to MBA students. During my stay at University of petroleum and Energy Studies, I realized the need of data analysis book using MS Excel for students of business studies. And then I decided to author my first book titled 'data Analysis using MS Excel', which published in 2009. after that I published another book titled ' Statistics for Management using MS Excel', which got published in 2013. I am having eight years teaching experience. In addition, I have also published few research papers. My expertise also extends in doing econometric and statistical analysis using several softwares like SPSS, Eviews, and MS Excel.