Statistical Process Control (SPC) Bootcamp - Excel + Minitab
What you'll learn
- Basic statistics concepts including probability distributions (Normal, Binomial and Poisson)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC): Control Charts + Process Capability Analysis using Excel and Minitab
- Most commonly used Control Charts such as I-MR, Xbar-R, Xbar-S, np, p, c, and u chart with a detailed explanation of theory behind these plots
- Less commonly used Control Charts such as Pre Control Chart, Short Run Control Chart, Moving Average Control Chart, EWMA and CUSUM Charts are also covered.
- Process Capability Analysis - Calculate Cp, Cpk, Pp, Ppk using Excel or Minitab. Non-Normal Distribution is also covered.
- This course is from basics to advanced course. Before teaching Control Charts and Process Capability, in this course you will first learn the basics.
- Some basic industrial experience will be helpful to fully appreciate the learnings.
Note: Students who complete this course have an option to apply for the certification exam by Quality Gurus Inc. and can achieve the Verified Certification from Quality Gurus Inc. It is optional and there is no separate fee for that.
Statistical Process Control (SPC) is one of the core IATF 16949 tools.
To confirm if the process is in statistical control, we use Control Charts.
To check if the process is capable of producing output that meets specifications, we perform Process Capability Studies.
This course covers both aspects of the Statistical Process Control (SPC): Control charts and Process Capability Studies.
This is the basics-to-advanced course on Statistical Process Control (SPC).
In fact, this is a 4-in-1 course.
Course 1: Statistics Foundation: To understand Control Charts and Process Capability, you need to have a basic understanding of statistical concepts including the probability distributions. Section B of this covers all that you need to understand SPC better.
Course 2: Control Charts/Process Capability Using Minitab: Minitab is the most advanced tool used by professionals to plot Control Charts and perform the Process Capability Analysis.
Course 3: Control Charts/Process Capability Using Excel: In addition to Minitab, you will understand how to perform all these calculations using Microsoft Excel. Minitab is costly and not everyone might have access to Minitab. Microsoft Excel is widely accessible. In addition, when you perform calculations using Excel, you get a much better understanding of what is happening under the hood.
Course 4: Process Capability Analysis: Control Charts just tell if the process is in control or not. To check if the process is capable or not, you need to perform the Process Capability Analysis. This course covers all the calculations using Excel and Minitab.
Who this course is for:
- Six Sigma Professionals (Green and Black Belts)
- Quality Engineers
- Quality Managers
- Quality Technicians
- Industrial Engineers
ASQ ConnEx Expert, PMI-PMP, IRCA Registered Lead Auditor, ASQ - CSSBB, CQA, CQE, CMQ/OE, IIA - CIA, NAHQ - CPHQ
Sandeep Kumar has more than 35 years of Quality Management experience. He has worked as Quality Director on several projects, including Power, Oil and Gas and Infrastructure projects.
In addition, he provides coaching and consulting services to implement Lean Six Sigma to improve performance.
After the successful completion of ASQ vetting, Sandeep Kumar has been designated as a genuine and authorized ASQConnEx expert. ASQConnEx is an education delivery system and network that vets, designates, and connects quality subject matter experts with organizations to advance their excellence journey.
His areas of specialization include Quality Assurance, ISO 9001:2015, Lean, Six Sigma, Risk Management, QMS Audits, Supplier Quality Surveillance, Supplier Pre-qualification, Construction Quality, Mechanical Inspection and Quality Training.
His professional qualifications/certifications include:
• Authorized ASQ ConnEx Expert
• ASQ-CSSBB, Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
• ASQ-CMQ/OE Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence
• PMI-PMP Certified Project Management Professional
• IRCA Registered Lead Auditor (QMS-2015)
• IIA-CIA Certified Internal Auditor
• NAHQ-CPHQ Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality
• ASQ-CSSGB, Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
• ASQ-CQA Certified Quality Auditor
• ASQ-CQE Certified Quality Engineer
• ASQ-CSQP Certified Supplier Quality Professional