Statistical Data Analysis with SAS
What you'll learn
- Learn SAS and be confident on your data analysis skills
- Learn to accomplish a task with various SAS techniques, with tons of examples and quizes
- Learn step-by-step statistical analysis from descriptive statistics, hypothesis testing to linear regression
- Learn data importing with different techniques for variuos type of data
- Use many important functions to make SAS programming easy
- Advanced concepts of meta data: formats and informats, labels, lengths, etc.
- Learn the manipulation techniques to prepare the data and make the data analysis-ready
- Perform dataset manipulations: subsetting, transposition, etc.
- Be able to properly interpret the results from statistical analyses
- I am giving out one course for free. Check out the last lecture after you enroll
- No SAS background required
- Basic data intuition
- Basic knowledge of statistics is preferred
This course aims to provide a comprehensive introduction to the SAS analytic software for Windows. Through a mixture of lectures and in-class examples, quizzes, and take-home assignments, students will gain experience using the SAS system for data manipulation, management and analysis. You will also expect A LOT of extracurricular learning materials for self-pace learning, treat it as a BONUS! Emphasis will be placed on the skills and techniques necessary for efficient data manipulation, management and analysis. It is designed for students with little to no background with SAS, and an understanding of the basic statistical concepts. This will be an excellent choice for your first SAS introduction course for your data analysis career.
Plus, you will get a FREE course - SAS Data Issue Handling and Good Programming Practice (check out in the bonus lecture)!!!
WHAT DO I EXPECT?
A comprehensive course design from SAS basics to statistical analysis
Many in-class examples, exercises and take-home assignment
Master various techniques for data importing
Solid understanding of variable attributes, and learn various character/numeric functions
Do loop and counter variables
Master DATA step with Concatenation, Merge, etc.
Exposed to several useful PROC step (PRINT, SORT, TRANSPOSE, etc.).
Descriptive statistics procedures (MEANS, UNIVARIATE, FREQ)
Hypothesis testing (UNIVARIATE, TTEST, ANOVA)
PREREQUISITE COURSES AND KNOWLEDGE:
No SAS background required;
Basic knowledge of statistics is preferred.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone from other programming fields that are interested in SAS
- Anyone with no SAS background
- Anyone who wants to understand the workflow in SAS
I am a professional biostatistician working in a Contract Research Organization (CRO) company. My job is to improve the efficacy and safety of new drugs. It is meaningful to me as it helps improve patient's health and quality of life. I am also pursuing my Ph.D. degree at the moment. It is a field where serious statistics and data analysis is required. I've also worked in a marketing position where database marketing was performed to promote the sales of the product.
Having been exposed to the academic, financial, and clinical environment, I possess versatile SAS experience. I am systematically trained and am holding 3 SAS certifications: SAS Base, SAS Advance, and SAS Clinical Trial.
Learning data analysis is not always easy, that's why I would like to create several courses at various levels to share my knowledge and expertise so that you can avoid the pitfalls and gain efficiency while learning SAS.
Check out my website JSTARTS and my social media (You may find the links below my biography photo) for discounted coupons. I will publish free tutorial video and articles there on a regular basis.