State-Space Modelling & Simulation of Electrical Circuits
What you'll learn
- Modelling of Electrical Systems using State-Space Representation
- Resolution of Complex Electrical Systems
- Numerical Simulation of Electrical Circuits
- State Space Modelling using Matlab or Octave
- Basic knowledge of electricity
One of the main problems when trying to model and solve electrical circuits is that, beyond a few components, the complexity greatly increases. Because of this a lot of engineers and students suffer when they have to obtain the models of real electrical installations or power electronic devices.
One solution is to use simulation software. The problem is that it is expensive and in many companies is not available. The other problem is that sometimes we need a mathematical model in order to develop a control or protection algorithm.
With this course, you will learn:
- How to obtain the state space model of a circuit.
- How to obtain the system response using Matlab or Octave (which is free).
The course includes theoretical lessons ans practical assignments, in which you will be able to practice the concepts learnt. Besides, you will learn how to implement the models in Octave or Matlab and use the main tools for analysis like step response, bode plots, sinusoidal excitation, etc...All using the free software Octave.
Finally, for those using Simulink, You will learn how to use State Space Models on it.
This course is a good oportunity for improving your electrical skills!!
Who this course is for:
- Electrical Engineering Students
- Electrical Engineers
- Electrical Technicians
I'm an electrical engineering with experience in the field of Power Electronics, HVDC power transmission and Grid Management. I have worked for several electrical companies in France and Switzerland.
I want to share with you my knowledge in the domain of power electronics and power transmission, and help you shapping future power systems.