Stata Level 1 Fundamentals of Data Analysis
What you'll learn
- Perform simple descriptive and quantitative analysis in Stata
- Manage quantitative information, variables, and data types in Stata.
- Manipulate database structures and survey information in Stata
- No previous knowledge in Stata required
- No experience in quantitative analysis required
- Only requires Stata 13 or above to be installed
In this introductory course, you will learn how to use Stata for data analysis. You will learn how to manipulate and create databases, manage variables and information, construct datasets from several data sources , perform simple quantitative data analysis, reproduce your work for further analysis using do-files and solve common quantitative problems found in real world scenarios in data management. The course follows a goal-oriented approach. Each lesson is oriented to solve a common problem or challenge you may find in your work or research with quantitative data. The course uses real - world exercises to check your understanding and lessons are short to encourage your learning and commitment. The course doesn't examine statistical methods (regression analysis, logistic regression, ANOVA , etc).
Who this course is for:
- Students with no previous knowledge in Stata software.
- Researchers without previous experience in quantitative analysis
- Professionals interested in careers in data analysis using Stata (public policy workers, economics, marketers, supply chain managers etc.)
Instructor bio: Development Economist, Industrial Engineer, Innovation Associate from GIMI, CAPM from PMI, Scrum Master and Six Sigma Green Belt specialized in quantitative analysis and management of development projects. Experience in advance econometrics with Stata, GIS information systems (ARCGIS), financial analysis (Bloomberg) and Big Data using R+. Passioned about education and in making knowledge accessible to everyone, no matter social or economic conditions.